When should I eat my calories please?

Options
Hi

I wondered if anyone has any words of wisdom for me please?
On a wednesday evening I go to Zumba 2015hrs to 2115hrs. By the time I get home, showered etc its time for beddy byes.
So my question is when do I eat the calories for the class - before I go during the day or the following day? - I do not want to have protein drinks or anything like that after.

Thanks in advance xx

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    you can eat them ahead of time, or the next day, it's your choice. As long as they are accounted for, you earned those exercise calories. Your tummy doesn't have a clock.

btw, love that you quoted military time :wink:
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options

btw, love that you quoted military time :wink:

lol I just wanted to make sure everyone got the time as evening x
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Lucky, what are you doing over here? We're not done talking about your problems yet. Also, yeah eat them whenever in the time period you're tracking. Do try to have something after your workouts though, even if just a granola bar or piece of fruit.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    what are you doing over here? You're supposed to be answering me LOL
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I would definitely eat them before.
  • eileenscott
    Options
    I eat mine before if that helps!
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hi

I wondered if anyone has any words of wisdom for me please?
    On a wednesday evening I go to Zumba 2015hrs to 2115hrs. By the time I get home, showered etc its time for beddy byes.
    So my question is when do I eat the calories for the class - before I go during the day or the following day? - I do not want to have protein drinks or anything like that after.

Thanks in advance xx

The best thing is to eat about two hours before to fuel the exercise and right after to refuel and give the recovery process a head start. I myself drink a recovery drink right after exercise, have a meal right away when I get home, and then shower.
    If you feel it's too late, I would suggest you at least eat a banana and drink a big glass of milk.
    The next day is way too late.