What is my body shape?

Options

Replies

• Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You sound similar to my measurements: bust 36.5, waist 27, hips 34. I consider myself inverted triangle :)

Some online calculators will say apple, banana, or hourglass though.... so really we are one of those weird shapes that don't totally fit in to the 'norm'. It's okay though, who wants to be normal :P

The definition for hourglass though tends to be that bust and hips are the same and the waist is 10 inches smaller. By this definition I (and you) are not really an hourglass shape cause our hips are too small :/ oh well, pear shaped people envy us at least lol :P

I've frightened my husband with how much I hate my hips. Even "hourglass" people don't always like their shape. But, I feel that one should hopefully learn to love their shape in the same way they should love their brain, their strengths, and even their weaknesses.

Because someone else might envy your a., b., or c. shouldn't be the way to confidence :[

I was just making a joke! lol... wow. You don't seriously think I gain my confidence from small hips do you? lol.

No, but I think even joking with an OP who appears sensitive about her body about, "Hey, others envy this aspect of you!" might make her feel better for now, but not really help a confidence issue. Worst case scenario, someone hears that and begins body shaming others to make themselves feel better.

I guess the "Others are jealous of you" pat on the head sits ill with me, even if it's a joke, so I said something.

Sorry you are sensitive about your hips, was just trying to be helpful to OP and answer her question. Sorry OP that this has been derailed. Unfortunately there isn't much out there about inverted triangles but we do exist! :)
  • ggilbert95
    ggilbert95 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm a n00b here.. don't judge if I posted it in the wrong sub forums!

My bust is 36, waist is 29 and hips 33 (when measured with centimeters and converted to inches)
    When measured with inches I'm a bust 38, waist 30, and hips 34.

I'm also 5"2 and 153 pounds with a medium build.

Here is a website that helped me determine mine, I'm a banana. :D

http://www.calculator.net/body-type-calculator.html

I think you are also a banana. We have the same waist size. My bust is smaller than my hips, however.

My bust is 34.5

My hips are 37.5

However considering that you also included weight and height may also mean that the results of this calculator may not be correct for either of us, as I did not take that into account.

I am 5'7" and 129 lbs
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Rulerish apple, yeah that's a type right.

And no you are not an hourglass, that needs at least 10+ inches between waist and bust/hips and the bust and hips need to be even or within an inch of each other.

Can I go on your mean people list now please and thank.

This. At 41-31-41, I am (and always have been, at different sizes smallest being 37-27-37) an hourglass. OPs hips are too small and waist a touch big.

I would also like to be on the mean person list now.

Buying clothes is a pain, though. You may have the upper hand on this one OP.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    An inverted triangle, or V shape, has more to do with the width of your shoulders than your bust. A big bust and not so tiny waist is an apple.

Less than 11% of the population is an hourglass figure. Sorry to burst your bubble. But maybe with some squats to up youir hip measurement, and some weight loss to lower your waist, you could be an hourglass. Assuming your boobs stay the same.
  • scottYBRIDGEWATER
    Options
    A tootsie roll that was squished in the middle......................
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options

And no you are not an hourglass, that needs at least 10+ inches between waist and bust/hips and the bust and hips need to be even or within an inch of each other.

This. At 41-31-41, I am (and always have been, at different sizes smallest being 37-27-37) an hourglass. OPs hips are too small and waist a touch big.

Exactly the same measurements as I have! Buying clothes can be tough for any shape though :)
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options

I feel your pain, I'm 38-27-38, there is not a pair of paints that fit both my waist and my big *kitten*. :laugh:
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Show your pic. That makes it easier than just reading 3 numbers (or 6, based on the math problems in the OP).
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Foucault's Pendulum.
  • NicholePotato
    NicholePotato Posts: 113 Member
    Options

My bust is 36, waist is 29 and hips 33 (when measured with centimeters and converted to inches)

I think you are also a banana. We have the same waist size. My bust is smaller than my hips, however.

My bust is 34.5

My hips are 37.5

However considering that you also included weight and height may also mean that the results of this calculator may not be correct for either of us, as I did not take that into account.

I am 5'7" and 129 lbs

That calculator said my body is not a shape they calculate. :( IM SHAPED WEIRD
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Spiral Staircase
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options

My bust is 34.5

My hips are 37.5

I am 5'7" and 129 lbs

That calculator said my body is not a shape they calculate. :( IM SHAPED WEIRD

Me too, even though I fit the perfect definition of an hourglass. Bust and hips the same, waist 11" smaller.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    sounds suspiciously human to me
  • NicholePotato
    NicholePotato Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    sounds suspiciously human to me

I'm not sure I think I might actually be lamp...
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Jicama
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I was kind of just looking for a picture of OP and then would just judge based on that? Measurements.... it doesn't really matter. If you like what you see in the mirror, that's what matters.

Mango.
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Romaine Lettuce
  • BrownEyeAngel
    BrownEyeAngel Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Agree with her
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options

Hi - Not sure if this has been mentioned but when youre converting cms to inches , its cm x 2.2 = inches :smile:
  • sjohnny
    Options
    Double Helix