Started my PP Diet today

Options
Yipee. Today, I started my produce and protein diet today. I have to get this weight off. Should be further than I am but my eating keeps setting me back so I decided to go strict starting today with a diet of mostly produce and protein. I'm just 26 pounds to my initial goal of 160. Once I get there, I will see if I want to go down to 150 or not. Once I get to my goal weight, I can just work on being ripped. Of course, this week, I will take Thanksgiving day off. Lets see how that goes. Very hard for me not being a meat eater, I tend to have to go to carbs but hopefully there are plenty of veggie options and maybe somd fish. There really will not be anything there that I can not make myself at anytime, so I have to keep that in mind. But oh how I love my stepmom's mac and cheese!!

Replies

• hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I'm taking it really easy - food wise - and will be exercising every day on my treadmill. Thursday I will have a very light breakfast. then at Thanksgiving time I will enjoy myself but will keep my portions in check. That will be hard to do with the Sweet Potato Casserole!
  • tondalea
    tondalea Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Its hard. Yes, treadmill is what I plan for each evening this week in addition to my morning work out.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    So what will be some of your protein choices?
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    I like your focus on protein and produce, sounds like a simple way to get as many nutrients as possible. I've been very successful with that in the past, I'm sure it will help.

Here are some things that helped me when I was missing my carbs:

- try new veggies and find new favorites. I love baking veggies so they are almost like fries.
    - eat cheese...one of my biggest indulgences and really fills me up (tons of protein)
    - Cook for yourself. It makes the meal seem more exciting.
  • jenna_watsonator
    jenna_watsonator Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i'm curious, so are you consuming strictly protein and produce items? or are you including dairy and minimal carbs?
  • tondalea
    Options
    For protein will be salmon, maui maui, tuna, almonds, walnuts, pecans, Shakeology, optimal nutrition protein mix.

Yep its Jenna...I'm not doing any rice, bread, pasta or potatoes for 11 straight days then days 12 and 13 have either brown rice, quinoia, baked or sweet potato or whole wheat pasta. Any carbs on day 1 through 11 will be in my Shakeology, protein drink, vegetables and will try to keep it under 50 grams. Hope that answers your questions. I dont drink milk. I will add almond milk to my protein shake. The only dairy I normally have is greek yogurt and occasionally some cheese. I wont do the yogurt because its has more carbs then I'd like but may have some cheese. Have to check on the carbs in that.

Thanks Rjperron for the tips. I do cook for myself. I hate to eat out. I smell everything....lol I will look into the cheese.
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    be carefull with cheese... it's very high in fat.. they reccomend you only have 2 servings a day of 1oz..
  • tondalea
    Options
    Thanks Sara.