C25K times!

Options
umer76
umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
I saw some great advice on C25K in one of the threads. This made me curious to know what was your starting time for your first c25k experience and where are you at now. Please copy paste and answer.

Starting time:
Best time:
Miles/Kms:
No. of weeks to reach your best time:

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You seem to have missed the point of C25K it's not to do it fast it's too get you used to running and enable you to run the distance. Trying to run it fast initially will more than likely mean you will be unable to run the distance required. The best buy if advice for new runners is to run slow
  • umer76
    Options
    Yes I know that one has to go slow when starting this plan. I myself jog very slow and completely aware of the things we face as new runners. But I am only interested to know the progress people have made using c25k.
  • redfiona99
    redfiona99 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm about 1/2 way through a C25K variant and I'm at about 19 minutes for 1.8 km
  • steviebe75
    steviebe75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started last year as was doing a half marathon (first time) and hadnt done any distance running so did the c25k training. My first 5k took me 00:38:42 and I got it down to 00:28:59 (PB). I did the Great North Run 13.1 mile in 02:22:36 so I was more than happy as a first effort. Doing it again this year so hoping to beat that time but over distance I seem to average 09:50-10:00 min per mile. Best of luck every1.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I started in November and have run a 5k training run in 29:20
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm not that fast, maybe 11 minute mile/ 7 min km , and I've only gotten to the 4.2 km. But as I get fitter I'll be able to go further and I'm assuming get a little faster. I'm already excited I can do it and not be in pain everywhere and feel like I'm two breaths away from dying!
  • umer76
    Options
    I started at 55 mins and brought it down to 45 mins but since then I have not improved it further. I know it is slow but atleast I can do 5Kms:)