Any other artists around?

Options
I'm really into painting and drawing, if anyone else is into art I'd love to see some of your work!

Replies

• OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm in for cool, original art :)
  • NicholePotato
    NicholePotato Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Art major here hi
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I am :-) I am a graphic designer for my "real" job, and I also make art quilts, contemporary mixed media paintings, and love print making. Anything that gets my hands dirty. :-) Here are a few of mine -- show us yours! Always love creative companions!

iris_zps7de14345.jpg
    marsh_zpsf0e7252b.jpg
    juicy_zpscd2c817f.jpg
    WeShouldHaveSeenThisComingThirtyYearsAgo_zpsf6919871.jpg
  • Ericancan
    Options
    Had an art scholarship in school, couldn't convince myself of an art job so now I'm a nurse haha. Love to see successful artists!
  • sarahc142
    Options
    I am :-) I am a graphic designer for my "real" job, and I also make art quilts, contemporary mixed media paintings, and love print making. Anything that gets my hands dirty. :-) Here are a few of mine -- show us yours! Always love creative companions!

wow those are amazing!! the second one looks so peaceful
  • sarahc142
    Options
    usually i do portraits of people, in either oil, acrylic, or on a tablet

my dad, oil:
    dad_by_moomoothedog-d6q43oz.png

elijah wood, tablet drawing:
    elijah_wood_by_moomoothedog-d6q3xw9.png

work in progress (yes i have a thing for elijah wood lol)
    MkjROLj.png
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Options
    Those are beautiful! have you ever done any illustrating?
  • sarahc142
    Options
    Those are beautiful! have you ever done any illustrating?

Thank you!!
    No I went to an art program when I was 16, but I decided it was too risky to go into art so I've just been painting ad drawing for fun recently
  • NicholePotato
    Options
    Mixed media class doodle junk mostly from models and then I add things like fish because I can...

KIVM7Nw.jpg
    sco1Lsn.jpg
    xgO8stj.jpg
  • sarahc142
    Options
    Mixed media class doodle junk mostly from models and then I add things like fish because I can...

these are gorgeous, do you mostly do people? i could never paint like that in watercolor
  • NicholePotato
    Options
    Yes I prefer people but I have to do other things too
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Options
    really beautiful Nichole! I love the first one a lot - it has such movement to it!
  • ImpishVanity
    ImpishVanity Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I paint and draw. No pics atm because I'm on my work comp
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Nice! I love looking at other peoples' art. I play. Mixed media pics on my profile. I got the Ukrainian Easter egg bug again. Maybe make a few traditional ones to replace some that got broken (and that I miss having) and then I'm gonna design a steampunk one or two.
  • monkeywizard
    monkeywizard Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I play Guitar & Bass.

music is an art too!
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I do graphic design, digital art, photography and cartooning

display_1933230.jpg
    8373773453_5fa059fe0f_c.jpg
    9176251853_151bd979e1_z.jpg
  • mekkzy888
    mekkzy888 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I used to draw and paint all the time but I'm so rusty I don't really think I'm any good anymore :( feel like I was better as a child than now!
  • ztaitaifufu
    ztaitaifufu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I used to draw and paint all the time but I'm so rusty I don't really think I'm any good anymore :( feel like I was better as a child than now!

can so relate; went to art & design school for college but ended up doing business with my hubby instead, i miss it a lot- after a lifetime of art being my whole life, i feel a bit of a stranger O.o
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    I love to create things as well but rarely have the time! All of the work here is lovely! I have always leaned toward sketching because its cheap, pencil and paper right? lol but in recent years I've also started to teach myself how to use acrylics and glass paint. I also enjoy playing with colored pencil.

073CA034-F6EB-40F7-9DDC-E63E62B0F681_zpss8iea0sh.jpg
    AA31D440-6398-42A5-95AC-58C03F1E1A4F_zpsyw6hcsuw.jpg
    F882554E-5308-4067-8D5D-EA93B73F7FCC_zpsfqzc2cv9.jpg
    82BFD983-FF09-46E0-ADE5-10231760A747_zpsrebkmr7w.jpg
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm a theatre major, but I feel like that's not the kind of art you're talking about lol. But in for the cool visual art :)