Be Gentle It's My First Time :)

Options
Ok lurked for a while. A fairly long while and actually have butterflies writing this because have been messing up with weight loss for the last few months and now am scared to put myself out there but, hell, it has to be done. So there tis done.

I was successful losing 3+ stone 2 years ago but have spent the last year putting on and taking off that last 14 pounds. I can be "good" all week then blow it at the weekends. Aaaaaargghh. Am going round in circles and driving myself crazy but, and it's a big one, it all stops. Want to do this. Anyone out there want to help me please?

x

Replies

• ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. You can do this. You will find an amazing support system here!
  • ccshopsalot
    Options
    Hey there!!! Weekends can be brutal, I learned it's all in my mind set, I am continually talking to myself "do I really want this, is it worth it? What's my reason for doing all this? Etc" and finally I realized the food I was consuming wasn't worth feeling the way i was feeling.. I got myself moving.. really started prepping my meals and 275 days later i'm down 13+ inches and feel AMAZING!!!! feel free to friend me :) I'd love to help you!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Set a reasonable calorie goal so that you're not depriving yourself during the week. One weekend of going balls to the wall eating can ruin everything you've done during the week.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Giggity. How you doin? :flowerforyou:
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Set a reasonable calorie goal so that you're not depriving yourself during the week. One weekend of going balls to the wall eating can ruin everything you've done during the week.

This!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options

^^^^very wise words!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Adopt and learn sustainable eating patterns. I'll bet dollars to donuts that you lose weight with a restrictive diet then gain it back when you fall back into normal eating patterns. This happens because while losing weight you are not teaching yourself how to responsibly enjoy food you actually like, so when you start eating these "bad" or "not on my diet" foods you go back to eating them the way you always have. Learn to eat them in moderation, in a responsible way, and you set yourself up for long-term success.
  • Missysjbee
    Missysjbee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the adds. Yes you're all right and the advice makes complete sense. Obviously I don't know how to do these things though or wouldn't be here :)

My calorie limit was set at 1400 which at 5ft 7 and 174lbs is healthy enough no? Am an emotional eater so need perhaps to worry less about the food and more about the other stuff?! How do you learn these new habits? I'm going to think about and practice what you've said jonnythan. Thanks.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Ok lurked for a while. A fairly long while and actually have butterflies writing this because have been messing up with weight loss for the last few months and now am scared to put myself out there but, hell, it has to be done. So there tis done.

I was successful losing 3+ stone 2 years ago but have spent the last year putting on and taking off that last 14 pounds. I can be "good" all week then blow it at the weekends. Aaaaaargghh. Am going round in circles and driving myself crazy but, and it's a big one, it all stops. Want to do this. Anyone out there want to help me please?

x

Decide which foods you like that you can't live without, and find a portion size of them that works for you (say, one or two cookies, or one slice of pizza). When you decide to have that food, only serve yourself that portion. Enjoy each and every bite of it, don't rush through it. Savor it. Knowing you can still have the foods you love, but enjoying them in moderation, and learning to savor them, will help you. And you will still lose weight!