Women's clothing

Options
.Lovely ladies-suggest brands for my issue (i refuse to believe im the only one who has it).

I'm short and "petite". I wear juniors clothes because womens never quite fit correctly. Too baggy, too high, too old.
Im also muscular in certain areas (i deadlift a lot, and when you're pulling 300#, things happen to your traps, glutes, and thighs you maybe weren't prepared for.) (I hesitate to say "dat *kitten*".....but if the lifting shoe fits, lace it up.)

Jeans are always a problem. Im a 5, except when im a 7 or 9. But i can also be an 11. But never a 6, 8, or 10. Because retail hates me? Im sure you ladies get it. I have considered mens pants. "Big ol butt x short legs! Thats my size!"
The pants are snug on my rear, gappy in the crotch, super tight on my thighs, and usually 1' too long. Bongo brand is pretty reliable but recenly made the jump to 99% skinny jeans. Which....no.
1. What brands do you like?
2. Are they stretchy so i can wear them after deadlift day?
3. Do they cost more than $40/pair?
4. Do they last a ridiculous amount of time despite being abused?

Next- shirts. Specifically long sleeved. I wear a small or XS. Sometimes i can find a medium that fits. Except the sleeves. Long sleeves are the bane of my existence. Shirt fits! Looks amazing! Sleeves are leaving seam marks in my biceps. Seam marks itch. I have frozen my butt off this winter because i have ONE Rob Zombie shirt (mens) that my hubby bought me four christmases ago.
So i find myself being resigned to womens shirts 3 sizes too big or a mens shirt. Which, for function-absolutely. Im not dressing up to feed livestock or check a trapline. But occassionally i enjoy not looking like a bedraggled hobo.

So ladies (or gentlemen who have ladies in their life), am i doomed to leggings and baggy tshirts if i dont give up lifting (not happening- if i had to choose between weights and looking like a hobo......hell, ill even grow the beard.)

Replies

• NicholePotato
    NicholePotato Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    For nicer shirts you could just buy up to the size that fits your arms and then take the seams in on the sides/ hem them so they aren't too long

Pants are easy to hem but I don't know how to fix the butt problem.

If you can't sew yourself ask local dry cleaners about alteration prices, some of them can be cheapish for normal clothes and could be worth it to have clothes that fit nicely.
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    So I am no way as toned as you but I have the pants problem no matter what size I am. I have found that the old navy diva jeans works best for me and the pants are easy on the budget. Also if you aren't totally against shopping in women's see if you can find some gloria Vanderbilt jeans- they fit muscular thighs and full butts but don't gape at the waist- they also run a petite size (that I wear) that is the perfect length for us shorties!

Target boyfriend long sleeve t's are great, they keep their shape, no itchy seams and the sleeves seem proportionate!

Hope that helps!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I get my jeans from The Buckle. BKE brand or Big Star. Not cheap but worth it and they will find you a cut for your body. Dress pants for work come from The Limited; the Exact Stretch line is all I wear.

Tops I can't really give you direction on. I wear a tank/hoodie most days. For work, again, The Limited.