New and Hoping to improve.

Drmfndr
Drmfndr Posts: 1
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, my name is Jeanette. I heard about this site through my grandaughter. She told me how great this site was, so I thought I'd try it out because like most people, I could use some motivation and support in my endeavor to reach my goal weight. Any advice, tips, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• peachyolives
    peachyolives Posts: 46 Member
    Best of luck Jeanette!
  • Hello jeanette

good luck.. i am new to! was woundering if any of u guys have any tips to help out really?.x.x
  • MizzFitness
    MizzFitness Posts: 76 Member
    I'm down 62lbs and the first thing I did that really helped was just MOVE. Fidget, wiggle, run in place while watching TV, do a few pushups against the sink every time you use the bathroom, etc... Just get your metabolism going. A Biggie is to find your soul mate workout. Everyone has one exercise or thing they can do for fitness that they love so much the hard work is actually fun. For me it's Turbo Jam & P90X, for others it's walking or yoga. The choice is yours and, guess what? You lose weight trying out all the programs til you find the workout of your dreams! :)

Good luck to everyone! Keep up the hard work! Remember to focus on the positives & forget the negatives! Pat on the back, big smile, KNOW you are worth it!
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Hello and welcome!
    I don't have any words of wisdom other than read labels, adhere to portion recommendations and drink water instead of sugar laden drinks and be active as much as possible. Park at the back of a parking lot instead of right outside the door at work or shopping (more spaces available back there anyway .. haha!! )
    Not rocket science, just common sense.

Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.