Moms with LOTS of kids?

Options
Hey all, I'm a mom of 6. I thought I had it tough until I walked into church last weekend and saw a woman with 7 under 10. She walked to the counter to check the kids in and simply said, "I have a bunch of kids".

My oldest is 20, and in college, but living with us, my next is in college away from home, then we go down the line 16, 12, 9, 2 (potty training).

I use that as my excuse sometimes to not workout (with the time restrictions) but... I need to figure out how NOT to do that anymore...

Replies

• MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    SAHM to 5 children, 15 and under:) Add me!:)
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have 5 kiddos(3 girls and 2 boys) They range from 10,8,7,4,and 3. I tend to use them also as an excuse not to exercise or even with all the activities that we are in.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I have five kids.. I work out 60-120 min a day.. I joined the local YMCA and I am able to take all of the with me dependant on when I go. it took me a long time to work out the kinks in how to carve this time out for myself but I did.. and I will not give it up. Its important time for me doing something I love (im really into weight training.. LOVE IT). My kids are ages 2-12.

you can do... ;) its hard to figure out.. but you will figure it out ;):flowerforyou:
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I don't consider mine to be a lot, but I do have 4 ages 5, 3, 18 mos, and 2 mos but I do still workout though so I could try to be some motivation :-) feel free to add me
  • only1gianna
    only1gianna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We have 6 children - about the same ages as you have (20, 17, 16, 13, 8 and 4) - and I began my new lifestyle almost 3 years ago. I told myself that I am worth taking care of and should take care of myself for my children. Set a good example for them. It worked....70 lbs lighter, one daughter 20 lbs lighter, and a 4 year old that knows how to do burpees, supermans, squat jumps, etc and just worked out the other day with a 5 lb kettlebell doing kettlebell swings. My daughter thanked me for teaching her how to eat right and on how important it is to take care of yourself. That in itself was all I needed to hear. You just have to make time in your schedule...I started out doing 3 -20 minute workouts a week with kettlebells and eating right. No, we all do it together...that's what has worked in our house. Good luck! You CAN do it! Oh and I have never been to a gym..I do it all at home with workout videos...Jillian, Kettleworx.
  • wnt2bhlthy4me
    wnt2bhlthy4me Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm a wimp!!! I have one 2 year old. I will not make any excuses anymore about not finding times!! You go Supermoms!!!! Much respect for you ladies taken time out for yourself!!!
  • samiiam12rb
    Options
    I have 3 kids that is a lot for me. I have 11,10,1. I am starting to carve out time for myself aswell. I have also joined the local YMCA which watches my baby while I am working out. Getting in the gym is offically not an obstical. Not to change my eatting habbits.
  • jennicole4
    jennicole4 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I "only" have three. 10, 6, & 7 months. The baby is by far the most challenging. He's not sleeping through the night yet and the childcare hours at the gym aren't that great with his schedule. I'm making it work though. Just like anything else you've gotta make it happen if it's important to you and not be too hard on yourself if it doesn't work out every now and then.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I just bought that one a few months back (the kettle bell one) I'll have to try it :)
  • msthang444
    Options
    Girl, if it makes you feel any better, my 2 year old doesn't sleep through the night yet....
  • msthang444
    Options
    I have a membership to the Y, just haven't used it since the summer :(
  • oklagirl
    oklagirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have 4... ages 11, 9, 7, and 5. I look at working out as a way of keeping my sanity!! It's that one hour a day where I get to do something just for me.
  • FITmama666
    Options
    I have 6 boys ages 10, 9, 6, 5, 4 & 3 ... You're NOT ALONE!! Lol I just started this app today because I decided it's finally time to do something for me so I can be a better person/mother/wife. Add me :)
  • kids183
    kids183 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have 4 daughters and work full time. So I can definitely relate with having no time! I usually go to the gym during my lunch at work so as to not have to take any time away from my babies!

Feel free to add me! :)
  • terisambowers
    Options
    5 year old 4 year old and a 18 month old
  • msthang444
    Options
    I felt that way with my marathon training... I never though running 3 hours would be fun, but for 3 hours, no one asked me to do anything for them. I didn't have to break up any arguments. I didn't have to fold laundry, or change diapers... it was my "me" time...
  • msthang444
    Options
    @FITmama666 You go girl!! Boys? Wow!! I'm raising my first boy (the other two were added to the family when we got married 7 years ago). They are soo different ;) Soooooo active. Girls will sit and read and color and play. Boys wanna run and jump and hit and shoot... Wow! If I had his energy I'd be 115 lbs :)
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids (5, 3, and 2). Feel free to add me! During the week I workout when the oldest is in Kindergarten and the other 2 are napping/quiet time or take them to the gym and use the kidzone. Or I have made them play and I workout doing one of my 30 min workouts. On weekend they either all go to gym with me and into the Kidzone or again watch or during quiet time. I feel like if I let them be my excuse I would never get anything done.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I have five kids. Boys ages 11, 8, 6 and 3 and a girl of 3 months :happy:

I can sympathise with having no time. Sometimes I only get in 8 minutes of Zumba in a day before the baby wakes, though she's getting better.
  • koolaidsmile79
    koolaidsmile79 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    10 kids, 3 of them are step children, and we have custody of them. All 10 are 16 and under :) Fun times!