Need Motivation

Options
Hello everyone -

My name is Alyssa and I am back on myfitnesspal! I originally joined a couple years ago but never kept up with it. My main goal is to have a healthier lifestyle all around by eating better and daily exercise. My biggest problem is finding the motivation to DO IT. I have a gym membership but never go! I've started to eat better but I'm not where I want to be. My goal is to lose about 20-30 pounds, and I want to eventually run a half marathon. I'm kind of blind going into this - I want to learn so much! I want more knowledge around what I put in my body and also good exercises to do for certain areas of the body.

Nice to meet you all =)

Replies

• louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm on myfitness pal for the 2nd time around, did really well and then just fell off track ... But I'm here again ... Doing it. I log daily so feel free to add :)
  • ruthmilton
    Options
    Hell all...

My name is Ruth and I'm a second timer on myfitnesspal. I am here to lose about 75 lbs.... I know it will be a long and winding road... but I enjoy reading other posts as I draw motivation from them.

I log most all the time... and find that I do way better when I am strict about it. I've also bought an elliptical machine and have been working on getting up to 20 minutes (minimum) daily.

Pleasure to meet you all... and look forward to going through this journey with you all.
  • kosmosEP
    kosmosEP Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean with going to gym, so I recently just broke down and bought a treadmill (I hunted on craigslist for months and found a decent one for 250 bucks). I'll add you, anyone else feel free to add me as well.
  • cjazz72
    cjazz72 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Yeah this is my second round on here too (after trying this and livestrong and fatsecret). Did well last time but felll off the wagon. After I screwed up my knees from playing touch football I decided I need to focus on my health and become better person. I definitely understand the non-motivation when it comes to working out or eating healthy. So feel free to add me =)
  • tlksoupgrl
    tlksoupgrl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well. I need to track my every move to be successful!! My motivation is my wedding in 130 days. Bought an elliptical, take vitamins, and am eating right. Need to get obsessed with this for it to work (just the kind of personal I am I guess... weak-willed unless obsessed!)

Good luck to all!
  • jobischaeffer
    Options
    Hi all! I am a first timer! I have a home gym and a dog to keep me busy. Both kids are grown and the baby is heading to college next fall. I really want to lose weight and start a healthy lifestyle but need the motivation! I have home gym equipment. Weights, bike, and treadmill. I just need to USE them! Any tips, tricks, motivational speeches needed! I am sure I will need people to text me to get off my rear end and use the exercise equipment! I am really looking forward to making this work! No excuses anymore!
  • danielle132008
    Options
    hi everyone,
    I just joined for the first time Im trying to lose 20-30lbs I would eventually like to be able to do crossfit but I need to get motivated and lose weight to be able to do that...bad habits are hard to break :( but I love talking to people
    feel free to add me!!!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Nancy. It took me several Years to work up from working out once a week -- Zumba -- to finally being consistent 5-6 times a week and loving it. Zumba was the first time in my life I Liked an exercise program. Now I'm Hooked and I Love to help others. The more I help others the more I have to keep doing it myself.
    I can't encourage someone else to get out of bed in the AM if I'm hitting the snooze!

Feel free to friend me if you'd like

Nancy
  • nutsaboutfood2014
    Options
    Second time round for me to, did really well last year, lost 42 lb then came off and gained a stone so here I am again trying to give it another go feel free to add me and anyone else to x :)
  • jagfan
    jagfan Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hello, all!

I am pretty motivated for the most part when it comes to exercise. I have been on MFP and running for a while now. I fell completely off when it came to loggin my food. I am now trying the Simple Start from WW (not actually going to meetings and such, but using the plan). I find it keeps me focused on what to eat. When I log the calories it all seems to come together.

I am training for a 15k in March and my goal is to finish in under 2 hours. This is my 4th year running this race and I am just over 2 hours every time. I am not a fast runner but this would be my ultimate! Would also like to do a half marathon later this year. I was training for one last year but backed out last minute.

Welcome to new and repeats! I am here for you and appreciate you being here for me as well!!:flowerforyou:
  • Katz135
    Options
    Hi all. My second time around as well. Doing pretty good so far but really look forward to posts from you all. New ideas and a little encouragement go a long way. I go in my treadmill pretty well every day and now it has become a habit. I miss it when I don't go. I have figured out that I love and hate it. hate to get started and love the feeling afterward. Then I feel better the rest of the day.

Please feel free to add me if you want and we can try and make this journey together. :)
  • lwrwtw
    lwrwtw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    same here - and I weigh 14 pounds more than on 2/28/2013....let's work together! It really helped me before to be accountable to another fitness pal.!
  • lwrwtw
    lwrwtw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to "friend" you, not really sure how. My goal is to lose 40 pounds. I need help from fitness pals to keep on track!

Thanks!
  • lyssfiggs
    lyssfiggs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all who has posted :) It's nice to meet all of you. Feel free to add me!! I could really use other people for some motivation!! :)