protein

Options
What foods do you eat that are high in protein? Looking to add more protein to my diet and im needing ideas.

thanks!

Replies

• dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I've added in protein shakes/bars, greek yogurt, and I eat a lot of chicken, turkey, eggs, and lean steaks.
  • Nanba007
    Nanba007 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Tuna, and cheese.
  • ME0172
    ME0172 Posts: 200
    Options
    Cottage cheese, peanut butter, whole wheat bagels.... all good snacks. Have you tried Quinoa? We replaced rice with quinoa at dinner. We even cook it in the rice cooker and it's delicious. If you haven't tried it yet it's in the pasta section of the grocery store. Kale and broccoli are also good protein sources.
  • LVCeltGirl
    Options
    Shakes/bars mainly Quest Bars (my current favorite thing on the market). Cheese (to include cottage cheese), Greek Yogurt, Nuts (be careful on those because they also contain a lot of fat), Lean meats (chicken is a favorite because of the Foreman Grill, and all the quick easy seasonings to put on it). And Quinoa instead of rice.
  • rkutner
    rkutner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes that combine whey (quick release) and casein (longer release) are great to maintain a certain level of amino acids in the blood at all times. Trader Joe's sells Metrx Protein Plus, and I drink one (with nonfat milk) first thing in the am to get my metabolism going again after the long night's fast, as well as right before bed, to keep some protein in my bloodstream through the night for maximum recovery from exercise and to help me sleep.

Chicken, fish, non fat dairy, lean meats, nuts, and beef jerky are my constant go-to's for protein. Gotta drink a lot of water, though, to keep things moving along!
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    For me I love my homemade beef jerky for high protein but also any type of meat (cant beat a good steak), also beans have a bunch of protein yogurt, cheese, nuts, etc. The beef jerky is good for slowing down my eating you have to chew and chew and chew for the jerky break up also it is a great salty snack.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Nuts and meats are the big ones for me, almonds, tuna, chicken, all that in salads with kale make for some good eats. Also lunchmeat when I can't find time to make chicken. My lunch today is a big salad with salami, almonds, kale, lettuce, bell peppers, celery and dressing. Also eggs, bacon and some multigrain breads have decent amounts of protein and fiber.

I do bars but only before/after a workout because they're basically candy bars. I also have some protein powder I'm trying to use up, I put a scoop in oatmeal some mornings when I don't feel like making eggs.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Meat is a pretty good one.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, lean protein foods like seafood, cheese.
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Pork tenderloin.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

amen brotha.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    nuts are not a good source of protein.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    0% fat Greek yogurt
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    chicken, tuna, beef, pork, Greek yougurt, fish
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
    String cheese
    steaks
    chicken or chicken nuggets
    Eggs
    Chocolite protein bars (www.healthsmartfoods.com)

My husband likes Cliff Builder protein bars. I haven't tried them though.
  • Chandra131
    Chandra131 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    quinoa
    black beans
    eggs (hard boiled)
    tofu
    edamame
    peanut butter
    almonds
    cashews
    yogurt
    lentils
    chickpeas
    hummus
    spinach
    cottage cheese
    pumpkin seeds
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

I like meat
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, peanut butter, whole wheat bagels.... all good snacks. Have you tried Quinoa? We replaced rice with quinoa at dinner. We even cook it in the rice cooker and it's delicious. If you haven't tried it yet it's in the pasta section of the grocery store. Kale and broccoli are also good protein sources.

Like the quinoa idea but here in UK kale and broccoli are not good sources of protein maybe you can get them fortified?
    Love my Full fat Greek yogurt, tofu and almonds as well as meat sources