Quinoa

kshadows
kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
Everybody speaks so highly of Quinoa and I really want to try it... where in the store do I find it though??! I haven't been able to come across it and we don't have a natural food store within the area so I'm hoping I'm just looking in the wrong spot.

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Walmart here sells it, if you have a Kroger I've found it there. It's in the rice, pasta, grain area.
  • DamianaKitten
    DamianaKitten Posts: 479 Member
    Walmart here sells it, if you have a Kroger I've found it there. It's in the rice, pasta, grain area.

It's different here. I usually find it in the small "organic" section. You could always ask. :) Or, order from amazon.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member

It's different here. I usually find it in the small "organic" section. You could always ask. :) Or, order from amazon.

I'm afraid to ask because I'm not quite sure how to pronounce it!! lol I'm afraid of looking like an idiot :(
  • Chellellelle
    Chellellelle Posts: 595 Member
    It's usually by the rice section at Walmart!

As for pronouncing it, it's keen-wah. :) Happy quinoa eating! It really is delicious!
  • hfester
    hfester Posts: 114 Member
    It's pronounced "key-nwah"
  • russellvolk
    russellvolk Posts: 102 Member
    I buy mine at Costco. The brand is Seeds of Change and it's already mixed with brown rice, garlic and some herbs. It's quite tasty. The box comes with 6 pouches, each containing 2 (1 cup) servings. You just put the pouch in the microwave for 90 seconds and enjoy. No need to cook and spend a lot of time. The price comes out to less than $2 per pouch. You can actually look it up in MFP database and see the nutritional information.
  • kstreeter62
    kstreeter62 Posts: 1 Member
    Most regular stores carry anymore. I get mine from Whole Foods. Cooked some the other day and it was great. Light, fluffy, and filling.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    It's a grain, so look for it in the same aisle as the rice and cous cous.