ugg I am so hungry!

Options
2»

Replies

• fannap
    fannap Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Drink alot of water and go for a walk to add some calories back!!
  • dwood1231
    dwood1231 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Water, water, water, and low cal high protein, tuna for example 4oz 90 cal w/ water. Oh yea did I mention water
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I tried 1200 a day and it didn't really work..I was always thinking about food and never full! and went over many times which was disheartening. So, go up a bit more, even if it's 150 a day, go for a 20 min walk, go to be early, eat more protein that really helps. I've eaten more (light) peanut butter in the last 6 months that I had in the last 6 years because it really fills you up! SAme with Greek yogurt (no flavour)
    Google 'snacks under 100 calories' or 'snacks under 150 or 200 calories'. For a while there I was eating 2-3 'snacks' for dinner because I liked them, they filled me up and I knew exactly how many calories I was eating. Eat lots and lots and lots of vegetables.
    Below I pasted some options 100 calories each, pick 2 for lunch and 3 for dinner. Also, if you educate yourself about what has more calories than other things you like you can make wise choices. PLAIN popcorn helps. Good luck!!!!!

35. Carrots n’ Hummus: About 10 baby carrots with 2 tablespoons hummus.

36. Pistachios: A couple handfuls— about 25 nuts (Crackin’ them open will take more time and avoid grabbing 25 more).

37. Cheese n’ Crackers: Five Kashi 7-grain crackers with 1 stick reduced-fat string cheese.

38. Dippy Egg: One over easy egg with ½ slice whole-wheat toast, sliced (to dip in yolk!).

39. Cheesy Breaded Tomatoes: Two roasted plum tomatoes sliced and topped with 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

40. Curried Sweet Potato: One medium sweet potato (about 5 inches long) cooked for six minutes in the microwave and mashed with 1 teaspoon curry, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
    http://greatist.com/health/88-unexpected-snacks-under-100-calories

40 sounds yummy!! :)
  • lolosensan
    Options
    Don't get hung up on days you go over. I've been there before and I just ended up saying F this Sht and ate EVERYTHING. I am also set to 1200 and find it incredibly hard to be under unless I get some kind of exercise. If I don't get exercise, I expect to go a little over that day and that is OKAY!

That is because you are NOT eating enough...when you ACTUALLY feel hungry...it is because you are HUNGRY. Your body is telling you it NEEDS something.

Ya...which is why going over on those days is OKAY!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I have used up almost all my calories for today! What do you guys do to get through these types of days??

i eat ~80% of tdee and i plan bettah.
  • martinytime
    martinytime Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I set mine at 1500, that is a good compromise instead of 1200...can find a lot of belly filling foods for 1500 :) Eat more fiber and protein and drink a lot of water. I have lost 7 pounds in the last 2 1/2 weeks. :)
  • skullshank
    Options
    Drink a huge glass of ice water and do anything that will take your mind off eating.

ru-paul-shh.gif
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    I have used up almost all my calories for today! What do you guys do to get through these types of days??

First you didn't delete it. And Second...you are going to confuse the less smart by stating this backwards from how it was already stated. :drinker:
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Options
    Don't get hung up on days you go over. I've been there before and I just ended up saying F this Sht and ate EVERYTHING. I am also set to 1200 and find it incredibly hard to be under unless I get some kind of exercise. If I don't get exercise, I expect to go a little over that day and that is OKAY!

That is because you are NOT eating enough...when you ACTUALLY feel hungry...it is because you are HUNGRY. Your body is telling you it NEEDS something.

Ya...which is why going over on those days is OKAY!

Actually at 1200 calories...it is always ok to go over.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I tried 1200 a day and it didn't really work..I was always thinking about food and never full! and went over many times which was disheartening. So, go up a bit more, even if it's 150 a day, go for a 20 min walk, go to be early, eat more protein that really helps. I've eaten more (light) peanut butter in the last 6 months that I had in the last 6 years because it really fills you up! SAme with Greek yogurt (no flavour)
    Google 'snacks under 100 calories' or 'snacks under 150 or 200 calories'. For a while there I was eating 2-3 'snacks' for dinner because I liked them, they filled me up and I knew exactly how many calories I was eating. Eat lots and lots and lots of vegetables.
    Below I pasted some options 100 calories each, pick 2 for lunch and 3 for dinner. Also, if you educate yourself about what has more calories than other things you like you can make wise choices. PLAIN popcorn helps. Good luck!!!!!

36. Pistachios: A couple handfuls— about 25 nuts (Crackin’ them open will take more time and avoid grabbing 25 more).

37. Cheese n’ Crackers: Five Kashi 7-grain crackers with 1 stick reduced-fat string cheese.

38. Dippy Egg: One over easy egg with ½ slice whole-wheat toast, sliced (to dip in yolk!).

39. Cheesy Breaded Tomatoes: Two roasted plum tomatoes sliced and topped with 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.

40. Curried Sweet Potato: One medium sweet potato (about 5 inches long) cooked for six minutes in the microwave and mashed with 1 teaspoon curry, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.

i agree~! was actually thinking about having that with a nummy salad for dinner, since i already had potbelly for lunch :)
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Options

i agree~! was actually thinking about having that with a nummy salad for dinner, since i already had potbelly for lunch :)

I heard you had a cookie too. YOU REBEL!
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Protein keeps me full longer. Try any sort of egg (hard boiled are handy for work or on the go), a handful of nuts or a luscious tablespoon of peanut butter eaten right out of the jar. I eat cans of tuna for snacks, too. Disgusts my children. haha.
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I eat more. There is usually a 500-750 calorie gap between what I eat and what I burn so if I have to I can go higher. If I keep it under TDEE then there are no problems and my scale is unaffected in the long term. Plus there is one week a month I am super hungry and the following one I am not, I know this so I don't sweat it.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options

I heard you had a cookie too. YOU REBEL!

i did. and it wasn't no regular cookie either. 450 calories of pure oatmeal chocolate chip potbelly glory. my calorie "goal" is a laughable 1444 a day. i go over every day, pretty much. this may be why i'm not losing any weight ;)
  • skullshank
    Options

First you didn't delete it. And Second...you are going to confuse the less smart by stating this backwards from how it was already stated. :drinker:

but i figured if they weren't getting it they way its already been stated (clearly they are not), then saying it backwards might help. :wink:
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I had bueno...

Taste wise was muy bueno...

calorie wise was no bueno... :frown:
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Do an hour of zumba. You can find classes all over or just google it and do a video online. You can burn 500 calories in an hour doing zumba- enough for chicken breast and broccoli dinner and an orange for dessert.
  • KristinD1977
    Options
    I would bet that your calorie goal is below your TDEE anyway so I would eat some lean protein and veggies for dinner.

What is TDEE? I have seen this all over the place today and have no clue what it is!

My calorie goal is set at 1200.

Here is a website with a few handy calculators esp. TDEE
    http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators.html

I am a 36 year old mom of 2 who has lost the same 40-45lbs (well working on it, I think the closest I ever got to goal was within 5 or 10 lbs), this is my third time at it. Previously I went by the 1200 MFP recommendation, the weight came off quickly and relatively easily. I exercised and ate back my calories otherwise 1200 would not have been possible for me to live by.... ok, maybe but I would have been MOODY as hell. Both previous attempts ended with me falling off course pretty hard and regaining everything I had lost.
    I want to be successful this time (permanently) and not be afraid of eating over 1200 so I am eating at a smaller deficit and accepting that I will lose slowly... no bikini plans for me this summer. I have my goal set to 1475 cal. I burn ~300 per day with exercise so my actual food intake is about 1800 (using the TDEE calculator -20%, 1800 is the amount I come up with). I really wish that there was a 50 calorie buffer on either side of the goal so that as long as I landed within that window MFP would state "k4pawdrhino MET her calorie goal" rather than "completed her food and exercise diary" indicating that I failed to hit my target or "was under her calorie goal" which in the past encouraged me to under eat (IMO).
    If you use the phone app then you can also look at your nutrition weekly, if you go over some days and are under on others, the 7 day average can still be meeting your calorie goal (this makes it easier for me to get over the mental block of having to stay under x number of calories).
    Sorry to anyone who suffered through my rambling!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Please consider eating more. MFP sets almost everyone at 1200 calories per day which is often significantly too low. You're more likely to be hungry or deprived and binge eat later or to get frustrated and give up on losing weight altogether. I have been on mfp for years and I promise there's a better way to lose weight than by eating 1200 a day. I've been there, done that. PLEASE consider messaging me and adding me id be thrilled to explain why this is not enough food, and calculate for you how much you should eat to lose weight healthily and enjoy doing it! I've helped many people learn to eat more and all of them have been successful. Please consider messaging. You can eat more and still lose weight and keep it off!