How can I get more juice out of kale?

Options
I'm new to juicing. Not sure how many others here are into juicing but if you are and you can give me some pointers great.

I put in 2 cups of Kale into my juicer and it produced less than 1oz of juice. I did what the instruction book said which was to ball it up first but maybe I didn't ball it up small enough?

Not sure.

Also any juicing combos you think are beneficial I'm open to that too!

Replies

• murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    What type of juicer do you have?

I will mix in other things with the kale to help the juicing process too, like a cup of kale, an apple, more kale then juice instead of Kale by itself. I think it helps a little.
  • wjrapp
    wjrapp Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Kale won't give much juice. That's about all you can get from it, but it's so good for you. My favorite juice is the Mean Green Juice...lots of ginger...
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OMG

In my migraine state of vision, I read the title as, "How can I get more juice out of kids?"

Carry on.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Wrap it inside a romaine lettuce leaf, and push it with a celery.
    Same instruction for juicing parsley!:)
  • CydSteele
    CydSteele Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    After I've run everything through the juicer, I scrape out all the pulp and re-juice it once or twice. I ususally get quite a bit more juice from the pulp. I have a Breville juicer and I love it. Then I take the pulp, mix in some spices, roll it out on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake it. Home made YUMMY crackers. I also freeze some pulp for adding to soups/stews etc.
  • robin388
    robin388 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Appreciate the help!
  • robin388
    Options
    Juice my kids? LOL I doubt they taste like sugar and spice. ;)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Juice my kids? LOL I doubt they taste like sugar and spice. ;)

Ha ha! I was very confised for a second there.
  • robin388
    Options
    All great tips you guys!
  • robin388
    Options
    I have the jack lane juicing machine
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I also have that one.
    My favorite juice.....a fuji apple, half a bunch of FRESH (not bagged) spinach, half a bunch of mint, half a bunch of celery. Drink on an empty stomach. It literally gives me a tingly feeling (something in the spinach, I think....COQ10?), is super hydrating and soothing to the tummy.
  • robin388
    Options
    juicing mint sounds really good. definitely have to pick that up next time I go to the market.
  • KLiK3xs
    KLiK3xs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    After I've run everything through the juicer, I scrape out all the pulp and re-juice it once or twice. I ususally get quite a bit more juice from the pulp. I have a Breville juicer and I love it. Then I take the pulp, mix in some spices, roll it out on parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake it. Home made YUMMY crackers. I also freeze some pulp for adding to soups/stews etc.

Hmmmm, gonna have to give these a try with my pulp! Thanks!!
  • KLiK3xs
    KLiK3xs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I also have that one.
    My favorite juice.....a fuji apple, half a bunch of FRESH (not bagged) spinach, half a bunch of mint, half a bunch of celery. Drink on an empty stomach. It literally gives me a tingly feeling (something in the spinach, I think....COQ10?), is super hydrating and soothing to the tummy.

I like the mint idea! MMmmmmm