eating with Hubby

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    My wife just eats less than me and I eat more...it's pretty simple...unless you're demonizing certain foods and macro-nutrients, then it's a ***** and I wish you the best of luck with that.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    My husband eats what I cook, aka, I cook what I need for myself. If he wants more, he knows where to locate the kitchen, and how to make a pb & j sammich if he's still hungry.

I keep plenty of fruit and veggies on hand as well, so he can grab what he wants whenever.

With side dishes, there's usually enough left over that if he wanted more, he can help himself.
  • dellaquilaa
    dellaquilaa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I say just let him grab a snack after dinner if he needs to. That's the agreement my bf and I came to - he eats what I cook, sometimes a slightly larger portion than what I have. And I usually catch him having a snack before bed, like a piece of fruit or some chips and salsa. But I figure he's a big boy, he's capable of finding food for himself.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Garlic bread. My BF loves it and would eat it with anything, whereas I can take it or leave it so I'm not tempted. We do a lot of salads and veggie side dishes too, so he can add dressing, cheese, croutons, whatever.
  • CurviiRunnr2014
    CurviiRunnr2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Both my husband & I love to cook, so I have this problem plus dealing with his love for frying. On my nights I cook, I try to cook healthy but will skip any sauces/gravies that might add too much calories or fat for me. I'll also skip rolls/biscuits unless I can "afford" it, in my calories. If his meal, he cooks, is too unhealthy; I'll just fix something else for myself. He is a little overweight but I need to remember: just because I'm ready to lose weight, doesn't mean he is. I'm hoping to lead by example. Good luck :)
  • Trishsimon
    Options
    It's fairly simple, make a batch of food say bolognese, curry etc...you use a smaller portion size plate then he has.
    Fill that plate up and let you husband eat from the normal size plate and if he wants a refill he can just get one from the batch of food you have made so he will be full, then whatever is left over put into freezer boxes and store away in the freezer.
    This works brilliant for me especially on days when I am really busy or get in late I just take out one of the dinner I made and froze and use that.
    Just because your husband eats huge portions doesn't mean you have to :smile:
  • Trishsimon
    Options
    Did you ever try the one kal spray you use it for frying etc...or you can get an vegtable oil that is in a spray it cooks the food just as good as frying with all the taste.
  • CupcakeGangsta
    CupcakeGangsta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I handle this in a few ways. I will either make four to five servings and portion out my dinner first, portion out my lunch serving for the following day, and then allow my husband to dig in. Or I will make two separate meals. My husband is a picky eater so he typically doesn't like a lot of the health foods I prepare. I am also lactose intolerant and he can eat whatever he wants. He also has a high metabolism and tends to be hungry an hour or two after dinner. I always plan on making extra of either option for this reason.

This works really well for us and I'm never left with nothing to take in my lunch the next day. Groceries aren't expensive either because we eat a lot of the same meals on rotation each week. Hope you find some good ideas on this thread!