looking for buddies in Minnesota

Options
2»

Replies

• StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Minnetonka guy here. A workout dvd that reaaly will get you strong is Harbody Yoga bt Tari Rose. No weights but it will test you.
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    South St. Paul here! I've been here since November and started day 1 of Hip Hop Abs today. I was doing crunches, burpees, hula hooping.. Feel free to add me! Let's do this!
  • bethyv1030
    bethyv1030 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    That is my huge challenge right now is exercising inside the home. I don't have any really good DVD's to use so I have been putting on music and stepping up and down the stairs to get the heart rate up. Its kind of boring and not really effective but at least I am moving. LOL

There is no way I am walking out there in negative wind chills. Its STILL windy out there even though its above zero. I am getting cabin fever.

If you have comcast cable there are workouts on demand. I do those on days that I can't handle the cold and my workout room is closed.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

Im Sarah - Ive recently moved from a very busy,( albeit unhealthy) lifestyle in a big city to a tiny, remote town in central Canada to help my mom with health issues. Ive been enjoying the quiet however the snow and lack of anything to do has made me incredibly lazy. Ive gained 40lbs in 7 months. Today is my first day of a new healthy life! Im just getting to know my way around the site, looks GREAT. Im open to suggestions and buddies :)

Have a great day,
    Sarah

57250916.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Hey Minnesotan :)

In addition to strictly logging my food, I exercise daily. If you can get to downtown MInneapolis, there is an extensive skyway system that is great for walking. I go for an hour to an hour and a half walk Monday through Friday. The far skyway out by Target field is used mainly by walkers. The area around Nicollet is a bit more crowded and harder for exercise walking.

I also have a membership at the YWCA. If the standard membership fee is an obstacle, there are scholarships and a sliding fee scale -https://www.ywcampls.org/fitness/membership/how_to_join/

I"m at the Y 5-6 days a week taking classes and walking on the track. The Lake Street Y has an excellent indoor track, and I love the instructors. They don't fit the stereotype of a fitness instructor - they reflect the city, different ages, ethnic groups, body types, genders.

If you must exercise at home, check out the library for fitness DVDs. Then, once you find something you like, check out half.com to find it for cheap :)
  • nellie1967
    nellie1967 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Luann and I'm in the Southern Metro. Feel free to add me, I could really use more friends and support!
    Thanks
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Hi! Is it cold enough for you guys? lol I"m from the western suburbs and would like to have some more MN friends! I'm working out at home using my treadmill, spinning and workout DVDs. Feel free to add me. I am really good about supporting you and logging in every day. :flowerforyou:
  • MonsonD60
    MonsonD60 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi I live 30 miles north west of the twin cities. And I am going to try a line dancing class put on by community Ed tomorrow.
    Will let you all know if it was a work out or not?!?
  • katmumn
    katmumn Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Another Minneapolis resident here. I just started logging again this week. Trying to lose what I gained when I aggravated my back.

During the bitter cold, I've been doing a couple of Leslie Sansone videos plus bodyweight and dumbbell exercises at home. I'm thinking of converting my extra bedroom into a home gym with a spin bike and weight bench. I really prefer to be outside but I want to have an alternative for winter.

The YWCA on Lake is a good gym. I was a long time member there before I changed jobs and now commute in the opposite direction. I had some really good instructors there.
  • shnookie70
    shnookie70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Coon Rapids resident here! I found a cheap ($40) treadmill used and I walk on that pretty much daily. I also have been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, but I really like the walking better. Been back on here for a month, well a little more and it's always fun to see other Minnesnowdans! If the temps are above 30's, it's perfect for outdoor walking so I can't wait until that happens again. Since I work full time and go to school full time on top of two teenage kids, the whole gym thing just doesn't work for me right now. I used to go, and I loved it, but I just don't have the time.

Good Luck!
  • mzcrush
    Options
    Hi I am also from MN. I currently live in Burnsville and I have just started my fitness weight lost once again. If anyone would like to add me feel free..:smile:
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi! I live in Minneapolis. Currently trying to transition to maintenance. My winter workouts are Jillian Michaels and I got an elliptical a few months ago which I love! So looking forward to summer when I can walk and run outside! Feel free to send a friend request!
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm in the southern metro suburbs.
  • uhohitstaylor
    uhohitstaylor Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! South metro here. I have previously lost 55 pounds, gained it back and I'm here agin and down almost 10 pounds this time around so far. Feel free to add me, daily user! I follow weight watchers (if anyone wants to come to a meeting?) but I log everything here :)
  • jpfly
    jpfly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am Jen and live in Minneapolis. Send me a friend request if you want! I also started a group for people from the Twin Cities Area to get to know each other a little! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/20221-twin-cities-area
  • Suzibluski
    Suzibluski Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    HI I am just a little west of the cities. I would love to find some Minnesota people to be MFP friends with!!!