What's your main decision to accept a friend request.

Options

Replies

• SavageRabidBeast_version2
    Options
    - I like to see that they actually have something written in their profile. If private, they should have one once accepted.
    - Under 400 friends preferred. If they have more than that chances are you are just being collected for a popularity contest
    - preferably I like to see more than one pic or at least a pic of yourself
    - I tend to check for mutual friends unless otherwise told where they came across me
    - A message is nice but not a requirement
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning to think I should be more selective.
    And weed out a few lurkers.
    At least say something as to why you want to add me.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    i accept anyone I just automatically hit accept

mostly because I dont care
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    They send one. :P

If they do that, they're in. I'm very exclusive.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    First and overall most important: Mutuals.

Second: Funny posts.
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Pleasant conversation?
  • I only have one friend on here because i don't know anyone, i will laciest anyone on here who is fat like me and is doing this to lose weight :)
  • my profile pic is not me its of the body i would like to end up with lol
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    my profile pic is not me its of the body i would like to end up with lol
    That's okay, I'm not really the photo of the "Goo gone" in my profile picture, either! :flowerforyou:
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    That someone sent one. I'm not here to feel exclusive. I'm here to help and be helped. If someone wants my help, I am more than glad to accept an FR from them. If they then prove to be loony tunes, an agenda-driven political honk, or a member of the evangeliban it takes all of about 4 seconds to defriend. Sometimes it's easier to just cull the weirdos than it is to vet everyone you meet. That's not a judgement on those who see it differently. It's just my take. If I'm going to offer help then I'll offer it to who needs it, not who has the prettiest profile pics or likes similar bands.
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Reasons to decline:
    1) you already have a harem of women
    2) you're old enough to be my pops and yet you feel it's appropriate to make wildly inappropriate comments
    3) you're looking for "other motivated fitness b!tches" or think that I'm the size I am because I starved myself and you want my secrets. I ain't nobody's b!tch and even if I wanted to, I couldn't tell you the first thing about how to starve yourself. I like eating too much gol darn it

Overall, if the warm fuzzy feels of acceptance aren't there then it isn't happening. Everything else flies with me:)
  • AlainaKayy
    AlainaKayy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'll accept anyone who bothers to add me. But I do appreciate it when people like my updates. It makes me feel like people actually care. :)

Edit: Typo
  • lizcraft
    lizcraft Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    If you ask me I will add you as a friend. People come into your life for a reason. We are all here for support and weight loss/gain. It is important to take the time for someone and help them through their journey. If you reach out I will respond. I want everyone to succeed. I don't judge anyone based on choices, sexuality, looks, etc. I am here for one goal...to lose weight and be healthy.

Remember that what you see on the outside is not always what is on the inside. Help someone out and support them. You never know what they are going through.
  • NicholePotato
    NicholePotato Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm new so I accept everyone
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I blindly accept. WTH, why not?
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I take a quick peek at their profile to see if they've made message board posts, if we have any mutual friends, or if they have anything written in their profile. Even if it's a no to all of this, I usually accept. The only automatic decline for me is when it's a guy who has nothing in his profle, no history of posts, and his friends consists only of females. All 3 of the requests I've accepted from guys like that have resulted in creepy, inappropriate messages sent to me.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I love nothing more than getting a friend request (rarely happens, get the violin out) but a message always helps towards accepting or rejecting.
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Same here.
    I've never denied a request, though I immediately deleted someone. That was because there was no message (not a problem) but their profile/wall was private including to friends (problem!)
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Same here.
    I've never denied a request, though I immediately deleted someone. That was because there was no message (not a problem) but their profile/wall was private including to friends (problem!)
    LOL.
    I got deleted by two people the same day when I did that hahahaha.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I accept all requests. I do weed out every once in a while, though. I delete inactive people, those who don't interact with me, and creepy guys. The creepy guy has only happened once, though. Everyone deserves a chance, in my opinion. I've met some great friends by accepting those random requests.

lurker.gif

LOL!! Ditto