My green juice puts me over my "sugar" limit for the day?

Options
I make a green juice everyday and I normally add 2 different fruits but half a serving of each fruit because I don't want too much sugar/sweetness, but it's been putting me over my sugar limit anyways. I don't know what to do, just work it off or not worry about it since it's a natural sugar?

Replies

• mignonedarier19
    mignonedarier19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Amanda, it is great to find someone who does green juice daily like me. I have been doing green juicing since January 2013. To cut down the sweetness, I use a small pear versus apple. Apples tend to be sweeter than pears. I also use 1 peeled lime and cut down on number of carrots used. I have been bad cholesterol free 5 months after starting green juicing and my metabolism has gone up. I ALS exercise 2-3 times a week.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a diagnosed medical reason to avoid sugar, ignore it. "Natural" or not is irrelevant. Sugar is a carb, track your carbs, stick to your calorie goal.
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    MFP sugar limit is stupid low for healthy people, ignore it. I think it should be fixed asap. I bet lots of people cut on fruit because of that.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a diagnosed medical reason to avoid sugar, ignore it. "Natural" or not is irrelevant. Sugar is a carb, track your carbs, stick to your calorie goal.
    This. I tracked my sugar for my first 6 or so months on here then got fed up trying to stay under their ridiculously low goal. I ignore it now and just watch my carbs. Haven't skipped a beat as far as my weight loss goes.
    Having said that I still try to cut out added sugar if I can, and find it's not needed in most things anyway.
  • erinbuberinxo
    Options
    Natural sugar in fruit won't affect you at all! Just concentrate on your carb count and you'll be fine :flowerforyou:
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Don't focus on sugar or sodium unless you have health issues. Pay more attention to your carbs/fats/ and protein.

I go over sugar and sodium DAILY.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Ha, I keep going into the red on Vitamin A and/or C. I laugh everytime I see that red negative number!
  • Mewcenary
    Mewcenary Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I really wouldn't worry about it. I never look at the nutrient levels. Just go by how you _feel_.
  • sanalupe
    sanalupe Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Same here hun, I just ignore it. In that case what should I do about my vitamin A, is 300% lol