GNC Lean 25 Shakes

Options
Hello!

I started the GNC Lean 25 shake last week. I'm a part-time graduate student who works full-time, so I decided to do the shakes because I am often pressed for time and do not prepare meals in advance. I'm not overweight, but trying to lose about 10 pounds and increase my visits to the gym to improve my overall health and fitness. I'm 5'6 and weighed in at 147 lbs this week.

Has anyone had success with the GNC Lean 25 shakes?

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I started the GNC Lean 25 shake last week. I'm a part-time graduate student who works full-time, so I decided to do the shakes because I am often pressed for time and do not prepare meals in advance. I'm not overweight, but trying to lose about 10 pounds and increase my visits to the gym to improve my overall health and fitness. I'm 5'6 and weighed in at 147 lbs this week.

Has anyone had success with the GNC Lean 25 shakes?

They're good for a grab-n-go snack, but it won't make you lose weight.

Being in a calorie deficit is what will induce weight loss, not a shake. If you really enjoy shakes that much I suggest investing in a protein powder and a few shake bottles. It will be cheaper in the long run.
  • kaitmunro
    kaitmunro Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am using the shakes as a meal replacement. GNC Lean 25 is a protein powder. The shakes are 200 calories with 25g of protein, so right there is a calorie cut. Plus, I'm working out. So, I'm not really understanding your point.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I am using the shakes as a meal replacement. GNC Lean 25 is a protein powder. The shakes are 200 calories with 25g of protein, so right there is a calorie cut. Plus, I'm working out. So, I'm not really understanding your point.

Whole food is always better as compared to shakes, hands down.

GNC Lean 25 is also a bottled shake (you never specified if you were using a shake or powder) which is loaded with trash just like the crap protein Wal-Mart sells. Personally I think GNC products are way overpriced for what you actually get. And you would get a much higher protein profile with BCAA's in Myofusion / Cellucor / or Optimum Nutrition powders.

Trying to cut under what MFP gives you as a daily caloric limit is no good for your body especially if you do resistance training.
  • kaitmunro
    kaitmunro Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tip. I should have clarified. I agree that the bottled stuff is overpriced and wasteful. The cost of the shakes is not too bad if you do the GNC membership. I'm trying to eat more veggies and fruits in between shakes. I don't eat meat except the occasional fish and seafood, so I'm hoping this will be a good protein boost for me as well.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    If you like how they taste and fit in your calorie goals/daily schedule better than other options then there's no reason you won't have success with them. you might wanna switch things up once in a while just so you don't get bored is all.