Snowboarding...

Options
2»

Replies

• HDHogger
    HDHogger Posts: 764
    Options
    To add one thing. In my profile picture I was 212 and didn't have any issues riding that were due to weight.
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    End of the first day?? We're only going one day lol, all we can afford, hell not really afford but going anyways. My goal is to go down something once without falling.

I will post what happens. Hopefully they don't fall through on me, cause I RE-BOUGHT the under warmer clothes after returning the ones I got for the original trip.
  • FirecrackerJess
    Options
    Ok, typing on my phone so errors may be attributed to that.

So today was the day of our day trip to Snowbowl to go snowboarding. As many of you stated, I fell. I fell numerous times. However, I did better than I expected. I went down about 2 or 3 times down the run WITHOUT falling AND fast! Out of the four of us, I think I'm the only one who did a run without falling. I had one of my friends record me but she missed half the run and I fell in the one she recorded. That bummed me out because I really was happy I managed to do it more than once without falling. And to show my family who kept saying I was nuts for going and I'd get hurt. The only thing that really hurts is my messed up knee. Tomorrow may be another story lol, might not be able to move!

We learned to never leave things to "we'll see" when it comes to certain things like gloves. We figured we could get some up there and no, could not find any at a reasonable price. So we went without. I did have for a bit regular thin cotton ones that are like 99c lol my friend had. Those got wet quick. I also realized just because you wear snow pants that your pants under will not get wet. Had thermals, jeans, and snow pants. Had to ride home in drenched jeans. With the thermals though it wasn't so bad.

All in all, it was great. Had fun, tried something new, and it was always something I wanted to try. AND the first thing that crossed my mind on the slope, "how could have I thought I wouldn't move!"

I am also a bit sunburned, on my cheeks but not so bad. Just looks like I'm wearing blush or something. I was annoyed I forgot my HRM to just see what it would say calorie burn wise. It is a hell of a workout!
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I'm very happy to hear that you took the plunge and had a great time, wet pants, falling and all!
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Really glad you ended up going! Life is all about experiencing new things!
  • FirecrackerJess
    Options
    Thank you all for helping give me the push I needed. It was fun, and would like to go back again but with no job, one $90 plus food and gas is all I can spend lol. I wish I lived closer, to really learn more.