Maintaining Through Winter because I'm not masochistic

Options
I am not a winter weight loser. I have no desire to reduce calories and workout hard in the winter. I am cold, and slow, and lethargic.... I want to eat warm soups and stews, all the carbs, and wear my flannel PJs......

The days we have glorious weather... I get it done. I wear tiny workout clothes and run around for hours outside (after getting a monster lifting session in).

I have come to accept this about myself and feel lucky to live in an area that doesn't get much "True" winter. It will be in the 60s this afternoon and I plan to run an easy 4 miles after the gym today.

I refuse to fight against this for myself. I am building strength and working on form and trying different things.... passing the time till winter is over and I can bring my A game and lose my last 15lbs of fat.

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I think it's fantastic that you have come up with a plan. I lost a lot of my weight during the fall and winter months and boy was it tough (comfort foods, lots of birthdays/celebrations, wearing baggy warmer clothes etc.)

Good luck losing that 15!
  • ferocityturbine
    ferocityturbine Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I :heart: you :flowerforyou:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I'm still in the 'losing weight' goal but not sweating it if I eat over my calories if I'm hungry... just trying to stay under my TDEE.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself that just being in the cold burns calories. And it does :laugh:
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    So you're basically bulking at winter and cutting at summer? So what? Welcome to the group of 90% of people who lift...
  • bipr
    bipr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. I run year round (about 25 miles a week with a couple of half marathons a year), do weights and cross train once a week, and I swear I eat the same amount of calories... but come winter I'm always up a few pounds. I live in New England. It's dark, cold and today we got more than a foot of snow. To balance out today's calories I'd need to go for about a 7 mile run tonight (see note about ongoing snowstorm) and it's just not gonna happen. I'm happy to maintain but I'd like to maintain at my summer weight, about two pounds lower, please.