Already Hit My Fiber For the Day...

Options
Hi there, I've been on this site a few weeks and been dieting since Jan 2 with great results so far. The forums have been an excellent and entertaining source of information!

Today, I had an odd lunch (last night's dinner) and I see I've reached my 25 grams of fiber for the day.

Do I need to worry about this as long as I drink enough water? I don't foresee being able to have a fiber-free rest of the day with over 600 calories left... I don't have any health problems other than being obese. (32 bmi).

Thanks for any intelligent input, it's appreciated! Oh, and fart jokes wouldn't hurt either. :wink:

Replies

• MIpiccolo
    MIpiccolo Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I don't know a lot about it, but I think if you just drink lots and lots of water you should be fine! It's also important to remember that our diet is over weeks and months and that one day only affects us so much, so I wouldn't stress too much about doing slightly over/under any specific category in a single day, but to look at how your categories are over a week or more!
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize one could have too much fiber. ??
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    me either. it's easy to go over with sugar but fiber? hmmmm
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    It won't hurt to go over on fiber. Sugar, fat, sodium carbs, etc are worse. Fiber should be at the bottom of your list for worrying about going over on.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Sugar, fat, sodium carbs, etc are worse. Fiber should be at the bottom of your list.

*sigh*

No.

OP: you are fine. :)
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    Options
    Thanks all :smile: Not gonna worry about it! I've tended to become a bit obsessed over the numbers, this is a good reminder that I really don't need to be as long as I'm in the range. :drinker: cheers!
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    Options
    It's also important to remember that our diet is over weeks and months and that one day only affects us so much, so I wouldn't stress too much about doing slightly over/under any specific category in a single day, but to look at how your categories are over a week or more!

Thanks, this is what I needed to hear today :flowerforyou:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you're using MFP's Numbers I like to think of Fiber and Protein as minimums for the day. Unless the fiber gives you tummy issues it's hard to actually have too much.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    You really shouldn't be worried about getting too much fiber until you're upwards of 50 or 60 grams a day
  • Beachchic1977
    Beachchic1977 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. A "normal" day for me means double or more of the daily fiber that mfp says I need. It's real easy to do when you are doing your best to eat clean.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I usually get 60+ g of fiber every day and I'm fine!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You really shouldn't be worried about getting too much fiber until you're upwards of 50 or 60 grams a day

Why is that? I get 60-70g every day and I promise I don't spend all day on the toilet. :P
  • b5000r
    b5000r Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Get the most fiber you can. You can't really go over.
  • VictoryGin12
    VictoryGin12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What does your diet look like that you have so much fiber? I have been slightly over on fat and slightly under on fiber most days for a while now. I start off with oatmeal and canned pumpkin (loads of fiber) and eat tons of fresh veggies all day, yet this still happens. What are your frequently-eaten fiber-rich foods?
  • PinkDeath616
    Options
    Its not really bad to go over in fiber. Having a diet rich in fiber protects one from many health issues and it keeps you full longer. ( ._.)