Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My story, my pics-105lbs and counting

summyv
summyv Posts: 20 Member
My story.

I said I would post before/after pics after losing 100lbs. Like many, I look at before&after pics for inspiration and motivation-especially in those self bashing/irritating plateau periods. Truth be told, I don't read the essays, so I'm not gonna write (a long) one. Got large, didn't like it, made changes. The end.

So, stats, then pics:-

Start date: 6/8/12-after seeing horrific pics of myself at my nephew's 1st birthday.

Height: 5ft 9.5in

SW: 265lbs
CW: 160lbs
GW: 150lbs

CIMG0119_zps1d9522c3.jpg

July 2010
CIMG0163_zps7ec6b175.jpg

July 2010
IMG_0004_zps6eb1040e.jpg

2011 sometime
SAM_0632_zps1396cabb.jpg

August 2012-the catalyst photo
IMG_00000135_zps00ddc0ea.jpg

Nov 2013
2013-12-31190223_zpsc5c57260.jpg

Dec 2013
IMG_20140205_213038_zpsa80db1e9.jpg

Feb 2014
IMG_20140205_213026_zpsf175cc16.jpg

Feb 2014

Concluding, would like to say thanks. To everyone. I don't post a lot, but have read a lot of things that helped, seen a lot of impressive before/afters and found support instead of judgement. And I realised that I hate that I love Jillian Michaels.

I won't wish you luck, because luck has nothing to do with making positive changes. I will suggest that you show yourself the same kind of support you show your partner/bestie/child/parent(delete as appropriate). Once you decide to do something, you don't have to think about it anymore. You just have to do it.

Replies

• buttercupcakegina
    buttercupcakegina Posts: 34 Member
    Well done! You look great!
  • samanthab19
    samanthab19 Posts: 118 Member
    You look amazing, great job :drinker:
  • You look great! Nice post, too!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Wow- amazing transformation! You're beautiful!
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Thank you for posting! Remarkable.
  • rebornat45
    rebornat45 Posts: 46 Member
    Fabulous post and advise, you look great!
  • tomaspetro
    tomaspetro Posts: 1,508 Member
    All I can say is wow! You've done an amazing and inspiring job. I have a hard time just looking in a Mirror, let alone pictures of myself.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    You look trim and happy (and I definitely don't see where thirty more pounds would come from!) All the best on your healthy journey. ^_^
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Great job. You look so slender! And I love the bright lipstick!
  • MizMimi111
    MizMimi111 Posts: 244 Member
    I love your post. Simple and to the point.

You look fantastic! Congrats on your accomplishments!

Oh and the dress in your before photos? Stunning color on you!
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    You look great!!! Congrats on your hard work!
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Fantastic! :flowerforyou:

And you are so right. Luck has no part in this!
  • summyv
    summyv Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks for all the kind words. I know how much these kinds of posts have helped me, and I hope I've done the same for others
  • BluGnat
    BluGnat Posts: 35 Member
    You are beautiful before and after, and your post is amazing. Thank you for sharing. I'm 5'9" too, and am completely inspired by you!!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Wow, stunning! You look younger and more vibrant! Fabulous job! Big hugs!
  • Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    I won't wish you luck, because luck has nothing to do with making positive changes. I will suggest that you show yourself the same kind of support you show your partner/bestie/child/parent(delete as appropriate). Once you decide to do something, you don't have to think about it anymore. You just have to do it.

Word! Congratulations on your success so far :drinker:
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Inspiring...congratulations on your success!
  • virginia65us
    virginia65us Posts: 106 Member
    Very inspiring! You look beautiful, and so much younger.
  • Yilsip
    Yilsip Posts: 50
    You look gorgeous, and healthy. Congrats on your hard work and success!
  • missyahall2
    missyahall2 Posts: 99 Member
    You look amazing. I also love Jillian Michaels. I'm currently doing a Turbo Fire/Insanity Hybrid. Chalene Johnson and Shaun T aren't half bad either LOL.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!