how in the hell are these people getting 900 calorie burns

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• greghei1
    greghei1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    CPR is a GREAT workout...I recommend everyone take the class and be prepared. (off soapbox now.) :wink:

I've taken the classes, but I'm sure it's a lot different workout with Annie, although the right class does come with music: "Staying Alive, Staying Alive... (see, e.g., http://bit.ly/1fvXjw5 for a good Ken Jeong laugh)"

How long are your "intervals" before you switch out with someone?

Greg
  • BeingFatSucksss
    BeingFatSucksss Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I hardly burn 600 cal per day. I should probably just go swimming or start running more and walking less :3

1000per day wud be aawesome !

According to my Basis B1, I burn about 1800 to 2000 just doing regular everyday stuff.

Oh wow! What work do you do?
    I just burn 600 cal doin everyday work,according to my pedometer! :/
    Disheartening ._.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I hardly burn 600 cal per day. I should probably just go swimming or start running more and walking less :3

According to my Basis B1, I burn about 1800 to 2000 just doing regular everyday stuff.

Disheartening ._.

Don't confuse exercise calories with total calories.

Your body would burn over 1300 calories a day even if you were in a coma.
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    6'6" 250lb male, running an hour= 1000 cal
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Disheartening ._.

Breathe. Sweat. Digest. clean the kitchen, walk the kids to the bus stop and back, shovel and fill the coal stove, etc etc.

I'm 6'1 220, and while I don't walk far, unless I'm specifically intending to, I don't sit for more than 10 or 15 minutes at a time all day long.
  • pds06
    pds06 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    THERE NOT. THERE JUST B. S'n themselves. Anyone can say anything. :noway:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    fitness machines tell you if you enter your age and weight

Amusing anecdote:

My gym has two treadmills. I typically use one particular one to warm up before lifting. I do the exact same thing every time: 3.5 mph to 2 minutes, 6 mph to 7:35, then 3.2 mph to 10:00. Tells me 85 calories. Sounds about right.

One day someone was on that one, so I used the one next to it instead. Exact same warmup, same height and weight set.

105 calories.
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    fitness machines tell you if you enter your age and weight

Amusing anecdote:

My gym has two treadmills. I typically use one particular one to warm up before lifting. I do the exact same thing every time: 3.5 mph to 2 minutes, 6 mph to 7:35, then 3.2 mph to 10:00. Tells me 85 calories. Sounds about right.

One day someone was on that one, so I used the one next to it instead. Exact same warmup, same height and weight set.

105 calories.

yep. and a 20 calorie difference is basically meaningless, in the grand scheme of things. 200? Yeah... now it's something to worry about.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    That's over only 10 minutes though. It could add up to quite a bit if you are doing 60 minutes a day, 6 days a week.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    how_to_burn_800_calories_in_just_30_minutes_pizza.jpg
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    According to my hrm, yoga and strength training are worthless for a calorie burn. Burning only 104 calories in a yoga class...can I have my hour back
    Burning calories isn't the purpose of yoga. Do you say the same thing about the hours and hours you spend just sleeping every single day? It seems like such a waste.
    l_bc23bb79.jpg

Thank you. I maintain a calorie deficiet to lose weight. I do yoga for tone, strength and flexibility.
    It not all about the calories people!!!

Lean and Long!
    Bold and Strong!