pals in 40s and 50s

Options

Replies

• russeln
    russeln Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm in my 40s unfortunately closer to 50s. (UK based)
    I've just started on here and have been loging my food and exercise which I find concentrates the mind. I did have a curry tonight but have been doing the reduced calories a couple days of the week and going the gym.
    This helps me keep firm and helps control my weight - I feel great!

Feel free to add.
  • randomhelena
    randomhelena Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    44 here, I log every day and am loving MFP. Any of you feel free to add me :)
  • kamalelwa
    kamalelwa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey--I am 47 and would love to have people around my age that understand a slowing metabolism!!!!hahaha add me!!!
  • glenbunny
    glenbunny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am 50 and looking for friends to join me on my weight loss journey. Anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • cwheeler1972
    cwheeler1972 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would love to join the group...just getting started again...lost some quick and now I am at a stand still but I am very motivated...:happy:
  • cwheeler1972
    cwheeler1972 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    how do people get the meters with their progress?
  • missg47
    missg47 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A 47 year old here. I started this journey on January 6th and have lost 9 pounds so far. I log in everyday and am working hard to keep at it. Feel free to add me.
  • BrownFatCat
    BrownFatCat Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great Post! I am fairly new to MFP. I have used the other site for the last 2 years and my workout girlfriend talked me into changing over. Anything new is difficult but I am in need of some friends on here for motivation and support. I am 42 and have a house full of boys and men that are obsessed with food. Keeping the pounds off while filling their bellies is getting a little unmanageable. Please 40 & 50's feel free to friend me :-)
  • brynrob1
    Options
    Blimey - there are a lot of 40 and 50 year olds having a mid life crisis and trying to shed a few pounds. I'm 51 and have been on MFP since the new year and done ok losing about 10 pounds in 5 weeks. The discipline of logging on every day and recording calories and exercise regularly is a great motivator. Looking at my weekly total has forced me to do that extra run to help achieve my net calorie target. I have also found that having a glass or bottle of water at hand all the time has helped my cut down a lot of snacking. Please add me into mid lifers contacts and good luck!
    Bryn
  • Deestrong68
    Deestrong68 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    45, Log into MFP daily, log all my food intake, lift at the gym 3 days a week and cardio the other 2 days.

I am a Avid cyclist recovering from a accident last summer on a Bicycle.

Feel free to add me, I am a active member.
  • alwaysenpointe
    Options
    Added. I'm 43 and a newbie

Nicci
  • kkswilder
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 43, doing the Insanity workouts, on recovery week currently, starting month 2 on Monday. I am also part of a Whole Foods Challenge for the month of February. This has really helped me make better food choices than I ever have.
  • mimapr
    mimapr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and would love to join a group if it is forming. Used MFP in the past and lost 10 pounds, but regained after a year or so. My schedule does not allow for gym going - I have teenagers but also a young one, and I work outside the home as well, so I could use some online friends, since I need to work out at home, early in the morning or late at night! I never really used much the community tools before.
  • Muzfox
    Options
    Hi I'm almost 41, I've sent you a request, would love for other people to add me as well, seriously enjoying this journey to better health :) Looking forward to the day I can run faster than my 13yo boy, or keep up with my 3yo daughter lol :)
  • jenn2375
    jenn2375 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Almost 40 .....and feeling the pain of getting back into the gym!! I am very motivated and have been at it for 5 weeks....down almost ten pounds and determined to do it the healthy, right way this time!! Feel free to add me!
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am 52 and just joined today. I am hoping to lose 10 lbs. What has helped me in the past is tracking my food so I'm hoping that I can do this online and keep tabs on my food intake.
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    44 here, anyone can add me, I log everyday and have an open diary!
  • rachellay
    rachellay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im 41 and just started and would love to stay in touch with other 40 somethings to see what problems we face at our age, Ive realised i cant drink as much wine as i used to without piling on the pounds lol!!
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, this is probably my 3rd or 4th go 'round with MFP. Started again January 2 after a note from my doctor indicating high cholesterol. I'm hoping that will motivate me to stay on here and keep logging. I've lost 5 pounds since 1/2, so it's coming off but slowly. I have a hubby, 2 boys and 1 girl - hubby is not too concerned about his weight (though, it's getting to where he probably should be), oldest boy (off to college) is a bean pole, second boy is stocky but has already learned what he can and can't eat to keep his weight in check, and my daughter - 7 years old and eats and eats and is the skinniest little girl I know. My biggest challenges right now are that I'm working a ton of extra hours which leaves precious little even for my family, so exercise is out of the question. We have WAY too much snow and it's WAY too cold to walk on my lunch hour. So right now I'm just tracking food which has made a big difference and then in April I hope I'll be able to start at least walking.

Feel free to add me!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    50+, carried around an ever increasing spare tire for 2 decades or so.
    An arthritic knee finally gave me the incentive to get serious ... I have dropped 34 lbs since 1st Jan, toward a target of dropping 100-104 lbs to get back down to college weight. Feel free to add ...