Started a 750 calorie a day diet.

Options

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    That is a verry low amount of calories and are not going to be able to keep it up my dad lost 150 bounds in 4 months by eating 1,200 a day and running on the treadmill for 30 minniutes a day at 4.0 speed. eating that low will either hurt you or you wont be able to do it eat 1,200 you will loose trust me :)
    :smile:

150lbs in 4months?
    Uh Huh
  • Fuax75
    Fuax75 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    *grabbing popcorn and a beach chair*

Same
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I think maybe you are brand-new to this whole concept of weight loss. May I please suggest you order TODAY a book called OVERCOMING OVEREATING. It will explain to you that starving yourself is the opposite of what you need to do. Please trust me, this book will get you started on a healthier path.

By whom? There's more than one, I was going to look at it myself!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to dieting and such, and I started exactly one week ago. What I am doing is I am eating 150 calorie meals, 5 times a day. This is a little under half of what is reçcomended for my calorie intake to lose weight. I am currently 252 lbs, 6' 1'', 22 and male.

I was wondering if anyone else had success with eating under their calorie amount before, or recommend something else.

Thanks in advance =),
    Willie.

This strategy may work if you tweak one or two numbers; maybe 12 meals same calolric intake, or 5 meals at 300 calories. Seriously, if you want to lose muscle quickly follow your diet; best of luck. If you think 'a little under half of what is recommended' you may want to re-calculate your numbers. Depending on your activity level at 252 pounds and your age I think you'll find your caloric needs are significantly higher then 1500. Start at fat2fitradio.com and see how those numbers compare to MFP recommendations.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    Ay ay yi

Think about doing this the smart way. You want to be a strong, healthy man, right? Then eat like one. You can still lose weight and eat well. Plus you're more likely to learn how to eat for a long, healthy life and keep the weight off. Use my fitness pal the way you're supposed to. Put in your info and activity level. Start lifting weights a few times a week and add some cardio if you can or if you want to. Eat your exercise calories. You'll lose weight without lightheadedness or the strange desire to gnaw on your leather steering wheel cover or your own arm for sustenance.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

As a rule of thumb, the following weekly targets would give a balance between minimizing these negative side effects and seeing a reasonable weekly weight loss:
    More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week
  • cardinalsfootball
    cardinalsfootball Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If it's just for a week before resuming a 1500 diet or such, I think that's fine to get your mind and stomach set for a long-term journey, likely 6-12 months minimum.

But as a medium to long-term diet, it will lead to either starvation mode or you giving up. Good luck.
  • Bukovnik
    Bukovnik Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Double the calories, don't eat more than about 400-450 cals per meal, and space all meals/snacks at least 3 hours apart.

Don't guess at what you are eating; get a scale and weigh the amounts (i.e., calories).

P.S. I did Optifast 25 years ago (400 cals/day - 70% protein), and lost 93# in 6 mos., and kept it off for over 6 years. I basically have to be an exercise freak to keep weight off. What did I do? pro/am cyclist spinning over 12,000 miles per year, and I ate anything I wanted as long as I was pounding out 25-75 miles/day.

good luck.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in…for obvious trolling and before the lock
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,299 Member
    Options
    why 750? how did you get that magic number? for example, there were 3 musketeers, 12 disciples, and 500 days of summer. why not pick another number? 7 + 5 + 0 = 12 => 1 + 2 = 3, the trinity? are you a Christian then?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Cannot tell if troll or serious.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!!! Let us know how that pans out for ya!!! Buh bye now!!
  • beardedwarriortx
    beardedwarriortx Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am about t start my diet water routine. Only diet water is all I will eat! Ill freeze it so its actually diet water ice!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Double the calories, don't eat more than about 400-450 cals per meal, and space all meals/snacks at least 3 hours apart.

Don't guess at what you are eating; get a scale and weigh the amounts (i.e., calories).

P.S. I did Optifast 25 years ago (400 cals/day - 70% protein), and lost 93# in 6 mos., and kept it off for over 6 years. I basically have to be an exercise freak to keep weight off. What did I do? pro/am cyclist spinning over 12,000 miles per year, and I ate anything I wanted as long as I was pounding out 25-75 miles/day.

good luck.

I ate 600 cals for dinner?
    Am I gonna die?

This is dumb advice. You dont have to eat every 3 hours. And you dont have to eat meals in a certain range. As longbas youre in a calorie deficit. And not extreme one like the OPs.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I just had 750 calories in etoh...worth it.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new to dieting and such, and I started exactly one week ago. What I am doing is I am eating 150 calorie meals, 5 times a day. This is a little under half of what is reçcomended for my calorie intake to lose weight. I am currently 252 lbs, 6' 1'', 22 and male.

I was wondering if anyone else had success with eating under their calorie amount before, or recommend something else.

Thanks in advance =),
    Willie.
    3cedofk.gif
    I'll take the bait just in case you are not a troll...

A copy and paste from another thread to put severe calorie deficits into perspective...

If I told you I could reduce your weight, but to make it happen I would drill microscopic holes in your bones, so they would be a little more fragile, would you do it?

If I told you I could reduce your weight, but in exchange your metabolic process would slow down, so you would take longer to recover from illness and burn fewer calories each day, would you do it?

If i told you I could cut your weight, but in doing so you would probably experience long term damage to organs that may or may not amount to anything, would you risk it?

If I told you I could lower your weight, but you would have to give up some cognitive ability instead, would you do it?

Probably not. At least, I hope not. All of these things and more is what happens if you don't eat enough food. It won't happen in one week. It may not even happen in a month. But keep it up, and it will happen.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/820577-meal-frequency-rev-up-that-furnace-lol
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    What I am doing is I am eating 150 calorie meals, 5 times a day. This is a little under half of what is reçcomended for my calorie intake to lose weight. I am currently 252 lbs, 6' 1'', 22 and male.
    Couldn't hurt. Let us know how it goes!
  • J_ab
    J_ab Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know exactly whats on your mind.

You just whana get rid of that damn fat and weight down so badly! you cant stand it anymore, you whana see the number shrink.
    That was me when I weight 255lbs.

but let me tell you this, eating at 750 is not the way, you will lose fat, yes but you will also lose a lot of muscle mass and you will starve yourself.
    You might not care, you might think **** I need to lose all this weight so i dont care if I starve.

please please eat at what MFP recommends, the weight lose will be stable and you won't starve.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Thanks in advance =),
    Willie.

I believe they call things like this poor planning.
This discussion has been closed.