Started a 750 calorie a day diet.

Options

Replies

• krampus101
    Options
    I figured that 150 was a good calorie range for meals, and eating once every three hours puts me at 5 meals a day. 150 x 5 = 750. Now by the response I've gotten I can tell I am doing it wrong, so sorry.
  • skeletalwishes
    skeletalwishes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started off similar to this. I now have severe anorexia and am hospitalised. DON'T DO IT.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    why 750? how did you get that magic number? for example, there were 3 musketeers, 12 disciples, and 500 days of summer. why not pick another number? 7 + 5 + 0 = 12 => 1 + 2 = 3, the trinity? are you a Christian then?

Hahahaha.....my new ad on MFP is the Musketeers candy bar.....hahahahaha
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    What I am doing is I am eating 150 calorie meals, 5 times a day. This is a little under half of what is reçcomended for my calorie intake to lose weight. I am currently 252 lbs, 6' 1'', 22 and male.
    Couldn't hurt. Let us know how it goes!

I hope youre kidding
  • DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    These forums can be a little brutal - I'm glad that some gave you good and thoughtful advice and that you heard it. Hopefully you won't get turned off by the haters and will keep coming for advice. There's a lot of good info here if you just scan and read. I try to look for a few minutes every day and find good tidbits all the time.
    D=

I clearly upset some of you guys and I didn't mean to. In my mind it made sense that if I wanted to lose weight faster, I would want to cut it in half. Its worked so far in the sense that I am losing weight (I am down 9 pounds), but it seems to be the consensus that this won't work in the long run.

As far as being light headed as everyone suggests, I haven't noticed any lightheadedness.

Also I am not being a troll. This is what a worked out for myself bit thanks to the people who gave valid feedback I will be switching things up and doing a little bit of research.

Thanks to those who gave helpful advice, and shame to those who put me down for asking a question.

Thanks,
    Willie
  • Bukovnik
    Bukovnik Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Double the calories, don't eat more than about 400-450 cals per meal, and space all meals/snacks at least 3 hours apart.

Don't guess at what you are eating; get a scale and weigh the amounts (i.e., calories).

P.S. I did Optifast 25 years ago (400 cals/day - 70% protein), and lost 93# in 6 mos., and kept it off for over 6 years. I basically have to be an exercise freak to keep weight off. What did I do? pro/am cyclist spinning over 12,000 miles per year, and I ate anything I wanted as long as I was pounding out 25-75 miles/day.

good luck.

I ate 600 cals for dinner?
    Am I gonna die?

This is dumb advice. You dont have to eat every 3 hours. And you dont have to eat meals in a certain range. As longbas youre in a calorie deficit. And not extreme one like the OPs.

I didn't say you have to eat every three hours, but to space the meals "at least" 3 hours apart. It has to do with insulin resistance in the body. Your caloric intake per meal has to do with your LBM, and total weight, etc. You would have to be measured to get exact numbers, but if you violate the cal/meal rule (mine is 500 cals/meal), or the time rule, you will not burn fat as efficiently.
  • Carolynn43
    Carolynn43 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to low. Not safe. 1200 minimum try that.
  • LishieFruit89
    Options
    These forums can be a little brutal - I'm glad that some gave you good and thoughtful advice and that you heard it. Hopefully you won't get turned off by the haters and will keep coming for advice. There's a lot of good info here if you just scan and read. I try to look for a few minutes every day and find good tidbits all the time.
    D=

I clearly upset some of you guys and I didn't mean to. In my mind it made sense that if I wanted to lose weight faster, I would want to cut it in half. Its worked so far in the sense that I am losing weight (I am down 9 pounds), but it seems to be the consensus that this won't work in the long run.

As far as being light headed as everyone suggests, I haven't noticed any lightheadedness.

Also I am not being a troll. This is what a worked out for myself bit thanks to the people who gave valid feedback I will be switching things up and doing a little bit of research.

Thanks to those who gave helpful advice, and shame to those who put me down for asking a question.

Thanks,
    Willie

We are 'haters' because we told him his plan was stupidband dangerous?
    You freaking kidding me
  • BeHappyRobin
    BeHappyRobin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Seriously don't do it I was on hcg it worked for a while than I got hungry started binge eating gained almost all the weight back and totally messed up my metabolism and now I am paying for it DON'T DO IT!!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Double the calories, don't eat more than about 400-450 cals per meal, and space all meals/snacks at least 3 hours apart.

Don't guess at what you are eating; get a scale and weigh the amounts (i.e., calories).

P.S. I did Optifast 25 years ago (400 cals/day - 70% protein), and lost 93# in 6 mos., and kept it off for over 6 years. I basically have to be an exercise freak to keep weight off. What did I do? pro/am cyclist spinning over 12,000 miles per year, and I ate anything I wanted as long as I was pounding out 25-75 miles/day.

good luck.

Am I gonna die?

This is dumb advice. You dont have to eat every 3 hours. And you dont have to eat meals in a certain range. As longbas youre in a calorie deficit. And not extreme one like the OPs.

I didn't say you have to eat every three hours, but to space the meals "at least" 3 hours apart. It has to do with insulin resistance in the body. Your caloric intake per meal has to do with your LBM, and total weight, etc. You would have to be measured to get exact numbers, but if you violate the cal/meal rule (mine is 500 cals/meal), or the time rule, you will not burn fat as efficiently.

Let's see some scientific studies that back that.

AND.

GO!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-iwQhGazHjAqMUjOKBztwpcLCsvAZdRx3Gnb7ev9maensQYFV
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

good luck.

Am I gonna die?

Wheres the science to back that up?

Im guessing unicorns will appear
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I started off similar to this. I now have severe anorexia and am hospitalised. DON'T DO IT.

but you look fit

Is that supposed to be helpful? Telling an admitted anorexic they look fit seems..idk, like a bad idea.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    there are chemicals and particles in the air we breathe. so even if you dont eat anything you still inhale about close to i would guess, if i had to make an edumacated guess, probably, and plausibly, but more probably, 3 calories. So you really wanna go for 747 calories. just sayin
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I figured that 150 was a good calorie range for meals, and eating once every three hours puts me at 5 meals a day. 150 x 5 = 750. Now by the response I've gotten I can tell I am doing it wrong, so sorry.

I weigh a little less than you, and I eat 1850 a day (not using MFP method, that's TDEE, so I don't eat back my exercise calories), and I'm losing about a pound a week. This is just to put it in perspective. Since you're new, I would start with MFP's way, losing 1.5 lbs a week and see how that works for you. If you feel like you're not eating enough, change it to 1 lb a week. If you do the MFP way, eat back your exercise calories. (www.shouldIeatmyexercisecalories.com) Please read the links everyone posted for you. It's a lot of reading, but it's information posted by the people who really know their stuff around here. I need to quit messing around and get to the gym. Good luck, OP!
  • skeletalwishes
    skeletalwishes Posts: 8 Member
    Options

but you look fit

Is that supposed to be helpful? Telling an admitted anorexic they look fit seems..idk, like a bad idea.

exactly, it is extremely triggering :(
    also a (old) face shot does not show my weight.
  • Bukovnik
    Options

good luck.

Am I gonna die?

Let's see some scientific studies that back that.

AND.

GO!

Are you allowed to mention specific doctors/names here? My scientific studies come from a guy who has an MS in exercise physiology, trains/trained Olympic athletes, etc. I'm guessing he knows a bit more than most of the people posting on this forum. Anyway, got better things to do now. Gotta fix my baked potato with sour cream, butter, and shredded cheese in a few..... 462 calories total, on the nose.........and btw, a calorie is a calorie. Cheers.
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

Thats not a meal.
    Thats a snack. Maybe.

Some flavors of greek yogurt, with granola or nuts to mix in, are 160 cals
  • Bukovnik
    Options
    I know exactly whats on your mind.

You just whana get rid of that damn fat and weight down so badly! you cant stand it anymore, you whana see the number shrink.
    That was me when I weight 255lbs.

but let me tell you this, eating at 750 is not the way, you will lose fat, yes but you will also lose a lot of muscle mass and you will starve yourself.
    You might not care, you might think **** I need to lose all this weight so i dont care if I starve.

please please eat at what MFP recommends, the weight lose will be stable and you won't starve.

Agreed, you will definitely lose muscle mass (LBM).
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

but you look fit

exactly, it is extremely triggering :(
    also a (old) face shot does not show my weight.

Ignore him honey. Good luck to you with your recovery and I, for one, am so glad that you've gotten help and are here to get better.

:heart: :heart:
This discussion has been closed.