cottage cheese with...???

Options

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Personally I don't really like plain cottage cheese, so I buy the "cottage cheese with pineapple" which basically just has bits of pineapple in too.

I mix it with yogurt and have on top of fruit. Lovely!

ETA: I also had it with a salad, that was alongside lasagne. The cottage cheese mixed in a little bit with the cheesyness (ricotta/mozzarella/cheddar) of the lasange and it went really well!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    ground flax seed and peanut butter

sliced black cherries

cucumber

crushed pineapple

whatever frozen fruit I have on hand, thawed for a bit in the microwave, but still cold, all mixed in.

whatever jam or jelly I have on hand

in a lasagna when I am too broke to use ricotta.
  • _TimeForMe
    _TimeForMe Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like it with tuna, salt and pepper mixed over a bed of lettuce. I know..it sounds awful and I'm not a fan of tuna or cottage cheese on their own but mixed...it's yum! :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese...i know most of my friends are gagging and contemplating dropping me from their FL as a result of that shocking admission....

but I do.

I often add 2 TBSP of con queso with it. To spice it up. it's about 40 extra calories for a bit of a hit...and well..it's more cheese...

Yo dog, I heard you like cheese.

So I put cheese in your cheese so you could eat cheese with your cheese.

BTW - nice picture, high five.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I like it mixed with splenda and cinnamon.
    Hi everyone, yesterday i decided to buy cottage cheese, being a lover of any cheese i fought it would be nice(i hadn't tried it before). I have had it on crisp bread as a snack but its too bland for my taste.. so give me some ideas for snacks with cottage cheese, what to add or mix??
  • I like cottage cheese...i know most of my friends are gagging and contemplating dropping me from their FL as a result of that shocking admission....

but I do.

I often add 2 TBSP of con queso with it. To spice it up. it's about 40 extra calories for a bit of a hit...and well..it's more cheese...

Yo dog, I heard you like cheese.

So I put cheese in your cheese so you could eat cheese with your cheese.

BTW - nice picture, high five.

oh you are so witty....
  • MissBeyondEDC14
    Options
    Yougurt and granola :) My fav!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Someone on my FL turned me on to scrambling it in with my eggs. It's amazing. I also eat it with a bit of plain old Smuckers strawberry seedless jam or put the jam on toast and add the cottage cheese on top.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Place cottage cheese in Trash.

Step 2: Eat anything else.

?

QFT

+2

+++ +
  • tfoxlpn
    tfoxlpn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like it with pears. I have seen others eat it with peaches too.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    good ideas.
    bump
  • ninavalentine
    ninavalentine Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I second the mandarin oranges. Take one of the little single serve orange cups, drink the liquid out of it (yum), and stir it in half a cup of low fat cottage cheese. 160 calories and a nice little salty/sweet thing going on.
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Mix with a little thousand island dressing and use with fresh veggies. Great dip. I also add a can of tunafish with cottage cheese with chive. A great high protein lunch!
  • EdgeGoalie31
    EdgeGoalie31 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    fruit and just a touch of nutella
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • 4everdieter
    4everdieter Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I eat my cottage cheese for breakfast. I add blueberries, black berries and raspberries. Then some time I will top it with flax seeds and raw pumpkin seeds. I got that idea from my cousin. She does that to Greek yogurt. I can't eat yogurt so I decided to try it with the cottage cheese and I have been hooked ever since.:love:
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    ground pepper. but also peaches and crushed pineapple.
  • morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I found I really didn't like the texture
    then I pureed that mother and used it to replace other cheeses in casseroles
    ummmmm yeah so awesome
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    smuckers sugar free strawberry ice cream topping!

And sometimes 1st Phorm Ice Cream Sandwich protein powder.
  • snow00774
    Options
    bump