New to the boards and looking for support/mentor.

Options
I started my weight loss journey on 12/7 and to date have lost 13 lbs. This past week I hit a stand still and am now beginning to wonder if I'm even doing this whole diet thing the right way. My goal is to lose another 100 lbs but, with this week not showing any progress, I am getting discouraged.

I have read over the getting started board and several other areas but now feel even more confused. I found a spreadsheet someone on here shared and tried to figure out my calorie goals but everything ended up looking greek.

I'm basically looking for a friend/mentor that can help me get things heading in the right direction and maybe lend an ear/shoulder every now and then.

I'm a 40 year old work from home wife and mother. After too many years of being obese and hating myself I am ready to get past this hurdle and become a healthier me. If you would like to help me on this journey I would gladly accept it!

Replies

• tracie999
    tracie999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi my goal is very slightly under yours but its going well, so far lost just over 30lbs, I have started spending more time in the gym which has really helped no end and following chris powells carb cycling. I need some friends so I will add you and we can help each other along.
  • marywatkins5059
    marywatkins5059 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 51 years young. I started my weight loss jurney oh I would say 30 years ago. I have been big all my life. This final weight loss program I started 7/20 ish. I weight 344 at my highest weight. I am now weighing 235. It is a struggle for sure.
    I am divorced 23 years now. I have 3 grown kids and 2 grand kids. They are my world.
    I would love to be your support as well as you being mine.
    Let me know

Mary
  • marywatkins5059
    marywatkins5059 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi... Is anybody feeling stuck in the area of food? I find myself eating the same ole same ole all the time. How can I break this???
  • dub6787
    Options
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/

If you aren't making significant weight loss gains, you need to time your nutrients in addition to dropping your calories.

Moreover, follow these rules and your weight loss will sky rocket:

1. Consume protein and carbs
    2. Consume protein and fat
    3. Never consume fat and carbs

Post workout: Carbs and Protein
    The rest of your nenergy should come from natural fat and protein.

Good Carbs:

Sweet Potatoes
    Fruit
    Veggies
    Brown Rice

Bad Carbs:
    Bread
    White Bread
    Whole Wheat
    Cereal
    Pasta

Good Fats:
    Avocadoes
    Cocnut Oil
    Organic Butter
    Eggs
    Steak Fat
    Salmon
    Fish Oil

Bad Fats:
    Processed Oil
    Canola Oil
    Low Grade Olive Oil
    Transfats
    Any processed foods

Protein Sources:
    Organic Meats( Salmon, Bison, Lamb, Steak, Halibut, Chicken Thighs, Chicken Breast, Pork, Turkey)

Check out Maks Daily apple for great receipes.

I am 100% Paleo, and used to suffer from food intolerance, namely grains, milk, and processed sugar. Since I have been traking my calories and eating Paleo, my appetite has gone down and the weight keeps coming off.

Cheers

-Pat