Protein and fiber increase

Options
I'm wanting to "up" my fiber and protein intake..but need help thinking of ways to get more fiber and more protein throughout the day.
I like fish and chicken mainly..(ground turkey meat)

Also, I've been a vegetarian/vegan most of my life. I eat meat now but still have trouble eating large quantities of animal meat.

Replies

• morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I get most of my fiber at breakfast every morning with a green smoothie. 60% leafy green veg 40% fruit
    I add chia , flax and macca powder for a bit of protein or you could just add a protein powder to it
    I drink about a pint every morning and ends up being about 400 calories or so.
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Beans. Ups the fiber and the protein in one go... they're pretty versatile. Eat them hot, eat them cold, eat them pureed, there's a ton of different kinds, soups, salads...
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Have u ever tried a Quest Protein bar by GNC? The straw Berry cheese Cake ONES ARE OMG YUM...
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Lentils, split peas and certain wraps (Joseph's Pita for example) all have very good protein + fiber.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Beans and legumes are great sources of protein, complex carbs and fibre. Some breads/wraps can also be very high in fibre.

Dairy products tend to have a good amount of protein. Greek yoghurt is great, but low fat milk has almost a 1:1 carb to protein ratio.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Second the Quest Bar- most flavors have around 20g protein and 17g fiber.

I also put chocolate protein in my coffee every morning. I hit 70ish g protein before I even have food. Ground flax seed is a good source of fiber and Omega 3's.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I like my oats mixed with chia seeds and greek yoghurt. Heaps of protein and fiber there.
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt - only 80 cals per cup, and a good healthy chunk of your protein for the day. A great snack-- for not a lot of calories! And they have a ton of new flavors.... toasted coconut vanilla is DEEE-licious!

rsvrxe.png
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Second the Quest Bar- most flavors have around 20g protein and 17g fiber.

I also put chocolate protein in my coffee every morning. I hit 70ish g protein before I even have food. Ground flax seed is a good source of fiber and Omega 3's.

I third the Quest Bar suggestion.

I put chocolate protein powder in my milk for my cereal. 1 serving of shredded wheat + 1 cup of milk + 32 grams of protein powder has about 6 grams of fiber and almost 40 grams of protein. Not too shabby for around 475 calories.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is chia seeds. I put 2 tablespoons (2 servings) in my protein drink then drink it down when it's still crunchy. It has 60 cals per 1 serving and the carbs are entirely fiber, so a net of 40 calories per serving. 3 grams protein and 3 grams poly fat per serving, so using 4 tablespoons a day, I get 12 bonus protein and 20 bonus fiber to help my regular meals reach my macros.
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the suggestions!! :) Just bought a few Quest bars and ground flax seeds

Thanks again <3
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are indeed grand (though pricey). I can recommend throwing a pile of psyllium husk in a protein shake. Protein, fibre and nothing else.