Options
    5ofek2.jpg
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    a healthy BMI. why does it matter?
  • katherinelav2
    Options
    Im wondering because i weigh more than i look (i think) just want others opinions..
  • stanleypoobrick
    stanleypoobrick Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    well it would entirely depend on how tall you are. if you're short it could be 120-130 with low body fat/high muscle, but a tall person would weigh closer to 160-170.
  • katherinelav2
    Options
    I am 5'4 ish
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    lol.. AJ..

i dont guess peoples weight, but AJ cracked me up

you look great .. how do you feel? thats what matters?
  • stanleypoobrick
    Options
    I am 5'4 ish

then I'd say roughly 125lb, but you're not going to be happy with what anybody says.
  • katherinelav2
    Options
    Im not sure.. I feel chunky at what I am right now. and my mom wants me to loose 10lbs.. but I'm not sure if thats healthy. I'm just really confused with how i look. and my mom is like really skinny and is so focused on her looks. so sometimes I feel like maybe she wants me too look like a VS model but maybe i do need to loose 10 lbs to look my best.
  • katherinelav2
    Options
    i weigh 142 ish.. and I'm actually closer to 5'5 just measured myself lol
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Im not sure.. I feel chunky at what I am right now. and my mom wants me to loose 10lbs.. but I'm not sure if thats healthy. I'm just really confused with how i look. and my mom is like really skinny and is so focused on her looks. so sometimes I feel like maybe she wants me too look like a VS model but maybe i do need to loose 10 lbs to look my best.

How old are you?
  • katherinelav2
    Options
  • EpsilonGamma
    Options
    I reckon you look find. Do you want to tone up ? Losing weigh doesn't always mean better looking. Up your protein a little bit and don't be afraid of doing some weights.

Ask a trainer for some advice.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options

You look healthy and strong. Your mother doesn't get to dictate your weight.
  • katherinelav2
    Options
    I do want to look better. I don't feel very skinny or lean. and i want to be.. but I'm not sure if 10 lbs is healthy..
  • stanleypoobrick
    Options
    you're a thin girl. if YOU feel like you'd like to weigh less then lose weight; if you're just doing it because your mum is hurtful then she's the problem and you should tell her it makes you uncomfortable and you're happy how you are. you could work out your BMI for now and if you were 10lbs lighter and see if they're both healthy, but ultimately BMI and weight are arbitrary health statistics and you should be more concerned about how well your body is running. if you were to lose weight, you wouldn't have to lose much and you wouldn't need to do it quickly - so instead of focusing on trying to reach a certain number you should just make healthier changes to your lifestyle. do exercise because it gives you endorphins and makes you fit/strong - not to "burn calories".
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I do want to look better. I don't feel very skinny or lean. and i want to be.. but I'm not sure if 10 lbs is healthy..

You don't need to lose any weight, especially not just to please your mom.
    If you'd like to look leaner, i suggest doing some kind of resistance training. Do you workout at all?
  • katherinelav2
    Options
    I have been working out every day for the last like 2 weeks.. and i loose weight relatively quick because i don't eat bad food. i don't feel like i look 142 but whenever my mom sees the scale she flips. I mean it makes me self conscious and i do want to loose weight but I'm not sure how much. i guess thats more my question. she wants me to be 135 and maybe thats good, but i want to look fit not anorexic. and i have told her to stay out of it, but she gets all crazy she chased me around the house with a scale one time lol. its funny now but I'm a little confused on how i look because of her..
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I don't think you look anything like 142lbs. You look like you weigh less than that. Personally I feel like 10lbs would be too much. You should focus on maintaining. Your moms opinion is just that, her opinion. She obviously has some sort of issue with weight and health if she thinks you should lose 10lbs and is focused on barrading you to make you feel confused and upset.

p.s
    STOP weighing in front of your mom. She's doing more harm than good.
  • obesemonster
    obesemonster Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Compared to majority of American females 16-20 yrs. old you look just fine. NO NEED FOR ADDITIONAL WT. LOSS, IF YOU FEEL YOU NEED SOMETHING MORE PERHAPS JUST BODY TONING EXERCISES. BUT BELIEVE ME YOU LOOK JUST FINE!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I have been working out every day for the last like 2 weeks.. and i loose weight relatively quick because i don't eat bad food. i don't feel like i look 142 but whenever my mom sees the scale she flips. I mean it makes me self conscious and i do want to loose weight but I'm not sure how much. i guess thats more my question. she wants me to be 135 and maybe thats good, but i want to look fit not anorexic. and i have told her to stay out of it, but she gets all crazy she chased me around the house with a scale one time lol. its funny now but I'm a little confused on how i look because of her..

Your mom obviously has some body issues. You need to understand that those are HER issues and she is just projecting them on you. You are at a healthy weight. Like i've already said, you don't NEED to lose weight.

If you lost 10 pounds, you'd still be at a healthy weight. Do you feel like you'd be happier 10 pounds lighter? Then do it. If not.. don't, you look perfectly fine.