80lb weight loss goal for year 2014

Options
Hello Everybody

I am new to this forum. I would like to lose 80lb in year 2014. I have always struggled my weight but I have always been able to lose weight but sadly gain it back. I have not been active for a long time however few days back I have joined gym and started working out. My starting weight is 215lb and I have been able to lose 10lb so far. I would appreciate any support i could get in this forum. Looking forward to make new friends and buddies. :smile:

Replies

• mirandafaith88
    Options
    Hi! I think what you are doing is awesome and if you want it bad enough you will succeed!;)
  • negyal
    negyal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yep I am really motivated to lose this weight by the end of year 2014. Hopefully by the end of 2014 I am able to shop smaller size dresses and be proud of myself.:glasses:
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I lost 65lbs in one year! Jan 31, 2012-Jan 31, 2013. I had several weeks off during that time for vacations and traveling. Put your mind to it and take it 1 day at a time. I recommend giving yourself a cheat day once a week to reward yourself for doing good all week!
  • negyal
    negyal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I really like this recommendation of cheat day once a week however i am bit worried that wouldn't it make my all week efforts go bad and i will gain weight? How was your experience while losing weight ? Did it help you to stay motivated ?
  • goKimmer
    goKimmer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too! 80 pounds gone is the plan. Let's do this!
  • aprildaguilar
    aprildaguilar Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

I am giong to shed 40 lbs in this my 40th year. so far I am down 15 and stuck. I think I need more cardio or a fat burner. Any thuoghts on jump starting metabolism?
  • bnm1979
    bnm1979 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Y'all add me ????
    Wife and Mom of two beautiful girls, 6 & 2 plus work full time
    I have lost 60# and maintained for 3 months
    Now looking to lose 20+ more and tone up!
  • ssrockslw4
    Options
    looking to lose from about 80-100 pounds. lost about 30 last year using MFP but gained t all back and more during my first semester of college.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    This is a great place for support.. some of the most amazing people on here!! Good luck to us all!! :flowerforyou:
  • ReadyForWeightLoss
    Options
    Hello im planning to lose.somewhere around 60-100 pounds this year 2014(:
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey. You can do it. My goal was 100 down 14 so far.
  • rileysmommy143
    Options
    Good Luck!! I am looking to lose 90+lbs ...Feel free to add me :smile:
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Good luck! My goal is 104 over 18 months, and if the MFP ticker wasn't broken, you'd see I'm down 39.
    One day at a time, and you'll get there.
  • wonderdollxo
    Options
    Hey guys new here and would love some new friends to keeps motivated please add me Wonderdollxo thank you
  • krissiemilligan
    Options
    Hello! I am pretty much where you are at weight wise and wanting to lose the 80 lbs so we can do this!