poll: do you eat enough vegetables in a day?

Options
13»

Replies

• IrshRnr56
    IrshRnr56 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    No, it seems like I rarely eat enough vegetables. I like all veggies, though.
  • Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I know I get at least 5/day but it's not unusual to fit in 8-10. I genuinely don't understand how so few people eat their veggies... seriously? How can you not know how to fit them in?
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have recently taken to making a green protein smoothie after my workouts :smile: It usually consists of protein powder, plain yogurt, half an avocado, a block of frozen spinach, then topped up with whatever fruit is to hand (usually banana!), plus a touch of vanilla extract and honey to sweeten. Helps get some veg in!
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Most days, yes. We've been having smaller portions of the main component of our meals and making up the difference with loads of veggies, or filling out the main meal with veggies. i.e. adding things to the mince when making lasagne/cottage pie.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Define 'enough'
  • LeanneHarrington3
    LeanneHarrington3 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I LOVE veggies. I tend to go overboard with the amount I have with my dinner though lol x
  • bernicesmission
    Options
    yes me and my husband eat truck loads, I am lucky to be living in china and the vegetable and fruit variety is amazing also we grow our own , we live in a tropical climate and have 2 harvest a year and unlike i the west veggies and fruit are dirt cheap... the only veg i miss is brussel sprouts i have failed 3 times in growing them myself!
  • fjcone
    fjcone Posts: 19
    Options
    I have not eaten a vegetable in over thirty years.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    No, though I do get much more than I used to (because anything is much more than zero). My vegetable intake usually consists of my vegetable wrap, which is about 2 cups baby spinach (I love that stuff), 30g onion, and 40g cucumbers. Usually, that's all I get. Sometimes, I'll also have a vegetable steamer bag for dinner, which adds another 2 cups of vegetables or so, but that's not everyday like my wrap.
  • Heather032190
    Heather032190 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I try to eat at least a serving with my dinner every night. And I recently turned to V8-Fusion to get another serving a veggies and a serving of fruit.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Probably not
    oh well.
  • hmg90
    hmg90 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Yep, vegetables with every meal :)
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I have a huge, 300+ calorie salad without any meat in it for lunch every day, and my afternoon snack consists of a large tub of veggies with hummus dip. I'd say yes, yes I am eating enough.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I eat more fruits and vegetables now than I ever have. Still trying to sneak more in...green smoothies!
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat seasonally when it comes to veggies (and fruit). When it's growing season here and the farmer's markets are open, then I eat a lot of veggies and fruit. During off growing seasons, like right now, I eat fewer, though I do eat some every day (usually a large salad, or meat and veggie 'stir fry' mix. I don't eat hardly any fruit in off growing season, maybe a couple bananas a week, some raisins etc. Just don't care for the taste of most of them, and the ones that I do like (mostly cherries, peaches and blueberries), are hard to find during the winter, at a reasonable price.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Even when I was a vegetarian, I didn't eat enough vegetables!