Hi

Options
Hello,
I'm phantomjam. I joined myfitnesspal approximately one year ago and didn't stick with my goal which was to lose 30 - 35lbs and bring myself back to a healthy weight. For most of my life, I was naturally super skinny as was my mother before me and so on. However, a sedentary job, convenience foods and a lack of enthusiasm for exercise led to the pounds slowly creeping up on me.

Recently, I learned to sew my own clothing because I'm picky and I'm beginning to outgrow those. I have no intention of making bigger ones because I don't want to learn how to make major adjustments to patterns and I hate shopping for clothing in stores. Since joining MFP my weight stabilized 3lbs below my highest of 180lbs. I'm 5' 7". However, my inches (width) have been creeping up as I gain fat and lose muscle. In December, a friend and I started checking in with each other, to make sure we did our daily exercise and that has been going really well. I workout at home doing cardio - aerobic videos, walking and more recently stairs. I'd love to start cycling but the hills around here are brutal -- so not yet. I'm doing progressive calisthenics to build strength because I'm a wimp and I want to be strong!

It's time now to get serious about getting my diet in line because that's what will take the weight off. I also think I have some food sensitivities so I intend to track them down.

I've already made two posts on the forum, so this intro is a bit late. :-)

Replies

• ZombieSwimmer
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I could use more support!
  • Vosha4
    Vosha4 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can add me also. It is great that you are so motivated to stick to this and get to where you wanna be. I look forward to chatting with you.
  • phantomjam
    phantomjam Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the welcome.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you're off to a great start!
    I love DVDs at home also.

Very cool on making your own clothes! I can barely sew a button, so I'm in awe to those with that skill.
    Feel free to add me if you'd like.

Nancy