Ranch Dressing Lovers!!

Options
We all know that one serving of ranch dressing has alot of calories and because the serving size is so small we always use more. For that I have a trick. When using ranch for my salads I always get the recommended serving size and then I add a little water to it. Yes, this is alot thinner but I actually find it to taste alot better AND it actually goes a long ways, alot more than would otherwise. Just a little tip for you guys :)

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I always thought about trying this, but never did because I thought it would taste gross...good to know its not!!! :o) Thanks hunny for trying it! :o)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I make my own Ranch dressing! It's so yummy, no taste difference. I use Greek Yogurt instead of Sour Cream and Skim Milk instead of Buttermilk and just the hidden valley packet. 2 tbsp has 22 calories and zero fat (if you buy ff greek yogurt). It's a bit thinner as well but just as yummy and way less cal, even a bit of protein there too b/c the yogurt has so much!!!
  • Dubby62
    Dubby62 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great ideal :smile: Not to keen on ranch but, I will follow the pattern! Thanks for the excellent tip!
  • WannaBthinJen
    Options
    I don't find it nasty at all, I actually prefer it thin over thick now!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I make my own Ranch dressing! It's so yummy, no taste difference. I use Greek Yogurt instead of Sour Cream and Skim Milk instead of Buttermilk and just the hidden valley packet. 2 tbsp has 22 calories and zero fat (if you buy ff greek yogurt). It's a bit thinner as well but just as yummy and way less cal, even a bit of protein there too b/c the yogurt has so much!!!

I was just thinking of doing pretty much this same thing! Glad to hear it works and is good!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i can't remember exactly which herbs make ranch dressing "ranchy" but you can skip the hidden valley packet and just blend in the herbs. if you do it a couple nights before, it's really good.

i've done it where i use leftover dressing from these marinated peppers that i like, so i use that oil to make mayonnaise and it's very "ranchy" i gave it to some friends as a dressing and everybody freaked out at how good it was. yes, high in calories, but hey..

i like to use strained yogurt instead of sour cream a lot (i make my own yogurt, so i just strain it instead of buying greek yogurt, since it's essentially the same thing and i like mine because it's very sour)

i think for ranch it's chives, parsley and garlic, but i would probably add oregano & thyme as well...
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! I love ranch so I will definitely try doing that.
  • spayne_4
    spayne_4 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What I just LOVE to do is get half the serving size of my ranch dressing so 1 Tbsp. and then I add some lemon juice (fresh or bottle works). That way I enjoy my dressing but less calories. The juice gives my whole salad a different taste and the ranch seems to cover a lot more!! I of course love lemon juice on everything and it works better than other condiments on my food. Anyway just an idea :O)