stuck in a rut

Options
OK, so the weigh is coming off slowly and Im going to the gym x3 a week, spin class, spin class and body pump, also just added Metafit in last week. Stuck in a rut with the food though, can someone check my diary and offer advice, Im eating a lot of the same things, breakfast is always the same. Also there is christmas chocolate at work (roses and quality street) and I keep eating them!! I am counting them but I need to resist!! Any advice greatly appreciated

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/lbsnoop76

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Ruts aren't necessarily bad unless you get really bored and then go on a binge. My breakfast tends to alternate between 3 or 4 different meals during the week. On weekends, I tend to get up later so often my meals are brunch snack and dinner. My breakfasts go between oatmeal with fruit or sometimes an egg on top, cottage cheese with fruit (depends on what's in season or canned in juice peaches), and pumpkin flax cereal with milk. Chicken was on sale this week so I baked off two large chickens and have had it every day, some days lunch and dinner. I just change up the vegetables and sides.

For chocolate cravings, I have a box of cliff kid Z bars - brownie that I keep in my office. They are only 120 calories and really help. Good luck.
  • lbsnoop76
    lbsnoop76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    THe kids chocolates are a good idea, thing is IM not that big on chocolate (id rather have crisps!) only eating them cos they are there.
  • train_01
    train_01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of the same foods too and don't even get me started on the "workplace sabotage" (someone brought in these cupcakes last week with like an inch of frosting on top!). I usually do a protein shake for breakfast (I use the same basic ingredients but change up the fruits). Lunch is usually a veggie hummus wrap and dinner is whatever. For chocolate cravings, I like Special K Chocolatey Delight cereal. It's pretty good and is only like 120 cals per 3/4 c. I usually eat Oikos Greek Yogurt when I need a pick-me up but I do feel the "rut". I'm not sure what to do about it either other than just keep searching for new recipes.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well if you want to "spice up" some of the food your regularly eat then think of fun stuff you can put on them, try a little salad dressing on your sandwich or mix it with mayo or get a flavored mayo from the grocery store to add another layer of flavor, or put some banana peppers or olives on there to get a little different taste. Start experimenting with healthy recipes, I use alot out of cooking light magazine and skinnytaste.com seems to be pretty popular. Or check out the recipe forums on here, there are tons and tons of great ideas in them.
  • katylil
    katylil Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    If your basics are working for your weightloss, stick to them but swap the details.

Try some mixed berries, sliced mango, peaches, pineapple or apple with your weetabix. Also, I usually have a protein shake and a piece of fruit (not a banana because it frequently sends my carb count rocketing!). You can get some really good ones online that mix well with water and taste amazing :)

For lunches, maybe swap your sandwich for some couscous or brown rice. Add some roughly chopped veggies, olive oil, lemon juice and feta cheese or cooked meat and you're good to go.

My best trick for skipping office treats was always to bring my own: keep some good quality dark chocolate in your drawer and have a couple of squares of that instead of a QS. I find the stronger taste means I want a lot less of it :)
  • lbsnoop76
    lbsnoop76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    cheers for the advice guys