Replies

• BillyJan1992
    BillyJan1992 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    it has been snowin here and I love it
  • bigbootycutey
    bigbootycutey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Guys its snowing in winter, this disproives global warming as a HOAX to get us to stop driving american cars

739125917_984846.gif
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile in Canada we have been having winter weather this winter.

And you're sending it to us in MI. We were colder than Alaska almost the entire month of January. In January there were only 4 days that didn't snow. This is not a normal winter. It's sad when 20 degrees F feels warm and you walk outside without a coat on because you've gotten used to the -20 degree weather.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    1798618_10152231370551489_1933956783_n.jpg
  • Zomb1eMummy
    Zomb1eMummy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Where I live, we have been breaking records for cold and snow all winter. I don't mind because, well, it is Canada after all. But it would really be nice if we had one warmish day to get rid of all the icey sidewalks of all the lazy people who don't salt or shovel. That be nice.

Really don't mind the snow though, extra exercise and it is fun for me to do with the kids. :)
  • HappyPoet
    Options
    We often whine/complain about what we can't control. In the northern hemisphere, many will be *****ing about the heat within 5 or 6 months. What a waste of time and energy.
  • hyperbolee
    Options
    b35902563b35cebf44d3a0c7b7213981.jpg
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    -15 F here today with quite a bit of wind. Coldest winter here in 30 years so far (Minnesota).
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Thoughts on the Weather Situation
    I think that I love snow days but hate Fahrenheits.
    It's a tie.
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus

"Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities, and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position."

But y'know, what do scientists know about science, right?
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options

"Ninety-seven percent of climate scientists agree that climate-warming trends over the past century are very likely due to human activities, and most of the leading scientific organizations worldwide have issued public statements endorsing this position."

tl/dr;
    I blame Obama
  • bigbootycutey
    bigbootycutey Posts: 20 Member
    Options

at this point, if someone wants to lalala about climate change nothing you can say to them on a fitness message board will change their mind
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options

at this point, if someone wants to lalala about climate change nothing you can say to them on a fitness message board will change their mind

lol true
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Global warming isn't a very viable argument considering the weather where I live.
    Considering this used to be "normal" winter weather 25 years ago, I'd say it's a very viable argument. Here, XKCD said it much better than I can.

cold.png
  • snow00774
    Options
    Meanwhile in Canada we have been having winter weather this winter.

And you're sending it to us in MI. We were colder than Alaska almost the entire month of January. In January there were only 4 days that didn't snow.

This is Phase One of the master plan. When you are sufficiently snowed in Phase Two will begin.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada......don't even get me started on the weather.......the temperature here right now is -30C with a wind chill factor of -37C.....my car has been plugged in all night and I hope like hell that it starts this morning......and to top it all off, the heat in my apartment says 16C (61F).....I've phoned my landlord!!!!!....I hate winter in Canada.....I want to go back to New Zealand.....sob!!:(

ACcCTBv.gif
  • KHalseth
    KHalseth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Global warming isn't a very viable argument considering the weather where I live.

Global warming puts more moisture in the air, that is, more water into the weather patterns. So as global warming happens, the weather gets more extreme and if you live an an area with 4 regular seasons, you will notice a trend towards hotter summers, colder winters, spring and fall growing shorter or not happening, and more unpredictable storms and weather patterns.

Clobal cooling takes moisture out of the air and out of the weather pattern, locking it in the poles. But before an ice age is triggered, the reduction of water in the weather patterns creates more even, moderate weather patterns that just gradually grow colder as the ice caps expand.
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    1557439_10152232532550761_93594595_n_zps00138aa6.jpg
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options

Global warming puts more moisture in the air, that is, more water into the weather patterns. So as global warming happens, the weather gets more extreme and if you live an an area with 4 regular seasons, you will notice a trend towards hotter summers, colder winters, spring and fall growing shorter or not happening, and more unpredictable storms and weather patterns.

Clobal cooling takes moisture out of the air and out of the weather pattern, locking it in the poles. But before an ice age is triggered, the reduction of water in the weather patterns creates more even, moderate weather patterns that just gradually grow colder as the ice caps expand.

^^^^^thank you for this :smile: