Scared, deep vein thrombosis? Help

Options
2»

Replies

• autumnpennell
    autumnpennell Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Okay, thank you! Like I said, I've delt with it for awhile now ad haven't really though twice. Until I freaked myself out last night! Thank you to everyone who is familiar with symptoms if each and has described your experience/ or what you know! I will bring my concerns up to a doctor. :)
  • yl639129
    yl639129 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I had a DVT and 2 PE's last year (I was only 24, healthy weight, non-smoker, etc). Mine did start with a pulled muscle feeling in my left butt cheek, and I kind of ignored it. About three days later it hadn't gone away and I starting having pain and a heavy feeling all down my left leg, so I decided to go to a family doctor (I had also looked up my symptoms and it suggested either siatic nerve or DVT as well). She looked at me for 2 seconds, didn't do a blood test or anything and told me I was too young and healthy for a DVT and sent me home. 2 days later I literally could NOT walk and I was in sooooooooo much pain I can't explain it. I went to the emergency room and they found a huge DVT in left leg. 3 days into coudamin treatment I had 2 pulmonary embolisms, but luckily I am ok.

My reasons for telling you this story are:
    1. You are never too young/healthy to have a DVT/PE (no matter what a doctor may say)
    2. If you feel like there is something wrong and the family doctor does not do a blood test, either request one or go to the emergency instead.
    3. DVT onset is fast. Within a total of about a week and a half I went from feeling totally normal to literally crawling out of my room to knock on my roomates door to take me to the emergency.
    4. I wouldn't wait until you reach the pain level I was at because it was the worst pain of my life for about 2 months, and I was in a wheelchair for about a month and a half. I couldnt even straighten my left leg for about 3 months. The sooner you get it checked out the better!

I personally think the pain has been around too long in your case to suggest DVT, but I am not a haematologist and I did not do a blood test/ultrasound so I can't diagnose you. If it is worrying you get it checked out ASAP.
  • sr_erick
    Options
    I replied to your status but it sounds similar to Piriformis Syndrome, which will go away in time if you do not continue to inflame the muscle.