Looking for supportive female buddies :)

Options
Hi everyone! I'm Patty, an almost 30-year-old mommy of two and I'm halfway to my goal weight of 135 lbs. I have a lot of control issues with food, and am a binger for sure. It's taken me a year and a half to get to where I am, and I plan to finish before I reach my 2 year anniversary of really trying to get healthy in August.

Ultimately I want to be fit enough to keep up with my hubby, who was in the Marine Corps. There's no way I could keep up with him during a workout, even though he hasn't been very active these past couple of years due to school. I want to be a good example for my children and be happy with the way I feel and look.

I've met some wonderful and supportive ladies on here and I would like to meet some more :D I log on regularly. Feel free to send me a friend request!

Replies

• ashleydawnm16
    ashleydawnm16 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty!

Congrats on your weight loss so far! I am right there with you on the control issues with food, that's my toughest battle for sure! Good luck on the rest of your weightloss and feel free to add me!! :)
  • kateq321
    kateq321 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for more friends to keep me motivated. Just sent you a request Patty.
  • bettycrockernot
    Options
    Hello! Congrats on your loss so far! I have the same issue with food! feel free to add me!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am with you on the food issues. I am almost 40 lbs lighter than my heaviest in 2011 and it is a daily thing to keep my eating under control. I am trying to lose my last 10-12 lbs right now and having the hardest time. So I totally get it!!!!
  • mnardi123
    mnardi123 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been at this weight loss thing most of my adult life but have been super serious since May but have been on MFP since July (down a total of 60.5 lbs as of this morning!!) and always look to get and give support to other Moms out there.
  • Muddybear7
    Muddybear7 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who replied; I really appreciate it! I'm glad to have found more ladies who are on the same boat. Wishing you all the best on your journey! Also, congratulations on your losses!!!
  • ekd23
    ekd23 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! :) I just joined MFP today. I've been trying to eat healthier and am doing a 30 day Squat challenge (on day 9!) and some light cardio. I have always used food as a comfort. I'm trying desperately to maintain a healthier lifestyle.
  • kirstie_doll
    Options
    Hi all well done on your weight losses so far! I'm just starting out really, never counted calories before so it's all really new to me! I need all the motivation I can get at the minute, I'm really struggling to be honest :sad: Feel free to add me, I don't actually know how to do it!

Good luck!
  • synapse0782
    synapse0782 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Another mom here, though I'm a first timer. Still struggling to lose the last of that baby weight (10lbs) and then all the weight I HAD intended to lose before getting preg in the first place- oops! I could really use some more motivating friends. Please add me!
  • suzely0530
    suzely0530 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :)
  • bg192905
    bg192905 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good idea!! supportive friends are definitely needed on this long *ss journey!! Feel free to add me.
  • ShelleyTurgeon
    ShelleyTurgeon Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ladies... feel free to add me... I'm always supportive and always around if you need to chat :) Add away!!!!
  • musicgal86
    musicgal86 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • nommers2x
    Options
    Add me if you want, and don't worry I'm positive you'll reach your goal. ^.^
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I need new supportive friends...so anyone add me :)!
  • amyg39
    amyg39 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am looking for supportive buddies too. Control of my eating is not an issue. I generally stay under 1200 calories per day. However, there are times I eat out of boredom or loneliness when my hubby is working. I am not saying I always stay "on track" but I do my best and I would say 9 times out of 10 I keep the calorie intake under control. My issue is I get discouraged quickly and I tend to "give up" (which I definitely do not want to do this time) so I think having a support group to be accountable to would help me immensely. I also have PCOS (and resultant insulin resistance) so losing weight is an uphill battle for me. I really have to watch my carb intake (more than anything)and balance everything out.

i have committed to working out daily…though I cannot stand cardio training, I am trying very hard to reach my goal of cardio at 45 minutes a day; I also do strength training on the machines at the gym…which I have gotten good results out of so far. My clothes are already fitting better. YAY! I just started belly dancing class and I think that will help me out a great deal, as it is a "skill" rather than a (pointless) class. I am very goal driven and I think this website and having accountability to others will be a key in my transformation. I want to lose about 48 lbs (which would be smaller than I have ever been in my adult life). Wish me luck and help keep me straight, please!
  • sugoober
    sugoober Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Girl, I'm in the same boat! Anyone, feel free to add me! It makes a big difference to have the 'likes' on your statuses. Even though we don't really know each other personally, it's nice to have the support of women going through the same thing! :)
  • RuthOschmann
    RuthOschmann Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Excellent job on the weight loss so far! I think so many women (myself included) use binge eating like some people use drugs. And, it's a hard habit to break. I'm really glad to have found these forums so I can see I'm not alone. :smile:
  • 125KC
    125KC Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Always looking to add supportive and motivated people to my little network. Feel free to add me :)
  • MomOfRose
    MomOfRose Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Request sent! 30 years old here, 26 pounds to go, single mom. You can do this!