Looking for support

Options
I am feeling a little discouraged about my progress. When I first started working out I took a photograph(back in sept) just so I could track and feel good so when I took my next one it would give me the motivation I need to lose weight. So yesterday I took it.. Compared.. and was disappointed that there has been hardly any change.. I am eating pretty healthy and I workout more than I intended to. What am I doing wrong!!!! --- feeling discouraged :sad:

Replies

• yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    There are many ways in which to track your progress/success.

For me, at the beginning before I set any definitive goals, I knew that even if I wasn't seeing any changes on the outside, I knew that working out certainly wasn't bad for me and was actually doing me good on the inside.

In addition to photos, scale and measurements, take into account you energy level and sleep. What about flexibility?

Eating healthy is great, but if you are taking in too many calories, even healthy ones, you won't see much change on the scale.
    Increasing protein, and limiting simple carbs did wonder for me, and of course staying within the appropriate calorie limit.

Making small and livable changes that you can maintain is key to lasting success. Stick with it! You can do it!
  • kernjamie
    Options
    How are bodies look is definitely based on more how we eat then how much we exercise....I think its 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. What does "eating healthy" mean to you? What does your food look like each day. I agree with yarmiah, that calories could be a factor.
  • Watermelon398
    Watermelon398 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    There are all kinds of markers of success and not all can be seen. Think about how your blood pressure and circulation are improving. Maybe you're sleeping better or feeling more relaxed. And I'm sure you're getting some muscles under there, they just haven't shown yet. And they will! Be patient with yourself and keep working!