cycle/running shoes

Options
I have been riding a fixie track bike for the last 2 summers. I ride to and from work (8 miles one way) and I want to start clipping in.
I have also been thinking about doing a triathlon this year, if I can get to a pool or the lake this summer, and want a shoe that will be comfortable to run in but also let me clip into my bike.
Can anyone recommend a brand?

Replies

• zekni
    zekni Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The soles in cycling shies are too stiff to comfortably run in for long distances, however, you will definately prefer mountain bike shoes over road bike shoes. I prefer eggbeater pedals. Go to your local bike shop and start trying them on, they all fit differently.
  • anjeden
    anjeden Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    For Tri, Best to have separate running shoes! not that long to change. . .they make cycling shoes specifically for tris (faster to put on
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Clipless pedal shoes require the soles to be super stiff. It's because the pedal is really small, and the sole of the shoe is what is supporting your foot. For cycling shoes, find you local cycling shop and try some on. Mountain bike clipless pedal shoes will have knobbier soles for better walking. Road bike cycling shoed have minimal soles. Not comfortable for walking, but nice and light. Higher end shoes have carbon fiber soles for ultimate stiffness.

There are so many different options for clipless pedals. Looks, Times, Egg Beathers, Shimano, Wellgo, the list goes on and on.

I had to special order my road bike shoes due to my wide foot. Know your european size, and try some on.

As far as brands go for shoes, there are so many. Specialized, Lake, Shimano, and SIDI come to mind.
  • Rockgod
    Rockgod Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, guess I'm going to my LBS.
    I was hoping to not have to change my shoes after gettting into work, but it's looking like htat's not an option