How important has MFP support been to you?

Options
I was just wondering if everyone didn't have the support system of MFP could you of kept going and lost as much weight? Has MFP had a huge impact on your weight lose success?

Replies

• eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    i know I cant do it without mfp, already been there and gained So I would say yes mfp had an impact on my weight loss..
  • celeste2u
    Options
    MFP has given me so much support, and I am not sure that I could have continued without the support that I have recieved. I am very grateful for this site and the new friends that Ihave made.
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I would say that MFP support has been SOOOO IMPORTANT TO ME!!!
    I have the best MFP friends that anyone could ask for & they encourage & support me daily.
    I really don't think I would have come this far already without their help the all of the amazing MFP tools available:happy:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if everyone didn't have the support system of MFP could you of kept going and lost as much weight? Has MFP had a huge impact on your weight lose success?

Many years ago, I lost weight doing it on my own, however, as I got older, if I had to shed any excess, it got more difficult, this time round it was ridiculous, it was only when I joined MFP that I was able to get myself in order.

Therefore, MFP was extremely important to me whilst I tried to lose weight this time round.

In my opinion, it's not just the logging the food and exercise and the Site informing how many calories left for the day, it is the whole package, from the logging (of course) to the community as a whole. The support and encouragement on here is second to none because the vast majority seems of a similar mindset.

Long may this Site continue I say!!
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. Could I ? Yes. I've done other calorie sites before. Would I stick with it? Probably not. This past month, when I was so busy at work, I'd have stopped logging and might have picked it up this weekend or next, or after Christmas.... instead, I knew people on here expected me to check in...so even on the bad food days I was here. I ended up gaining 2 lbs instead of 5 or 6 or more and starting back over yet again at square one.

So short version: Yes I could do it alone but it would be a lot harder.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Although I've only been here a short while and only lost 2 pounds.....

I have learnt so much on MFP - about what I eat, about excercise...

Plus the whole concept of logging what I eat was a real eye opener for me...for years I've been eating too little and when I do eat it was of all the wrong things.....now I am on a path to being a healthier me....
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    This site has helped me tremendously. Without it, I would not have lost 38 lbs in 2 months. I love how you can track food. Weighing my food and exercising is also important to me. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to all; and if you indulge today, that is okay. We will all just start over tomorrow. Have a wonderful day with your friends and family.
  • Dammitviv
    Options
    The support is huge for me. It's great knowing there are friends that know exactly what I'm going thru, because they're fighting the same battle. I wouldn't be able to keep motivated with out my MFP friends.
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    This site has helped me stay on track longer and to be more mindful of more choices. The people here have helped me to keep going when I felt like giving up. I don't think I could do it with MFP because I have tried and failed. This is the most weight I've lost in a long time and also the longest I've been consistent. So NOOOO...I definitely could not do without it.
  • deblu
    deblu Posts: 44
    Options
    I agree with all of you. I love having the support and I don't think I could do it without MFP. Happy Thanksgiving!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    It is my MFP peeps that keep my engaged, entertained and encouraged. The tools and information have been invaluable. Thank you everyone.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty much a loner and usually come to the forums for shearing information, so I don't really need the support system.
    Without the calorie counter I would be lost though, and the forum discussions are often enlightening and brighten my day.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I know for a fact that without MFP my weight would creep back up because my eating habits would go back to being poor and uncontrolled.
    I leave, try it on my own and don't see the results I get when I'm active on this site.
  • deblu
    deblu Posts: 44
    Options
    Nothing compares to having a lot of people doing exactly what your doing. Thanks everyone for all the advice and support!