motivation at an all time low...

Options
full of cold and feeling like reaching for the comfort food. I know Ill only feel worse if I do though. How do you battle on with a cold.

Replies

• Ericancan
    Options
    The body actually needs more energy when it is fighting off an infection. I would not work out until you are feeling better. If you had healthy goals in the first place you could continue the calories, if not the calorie deficit could be contributing to you not feeling well. The immune system needs energy from calories as well.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    hot tea
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    tea & soup!!
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    full of cold and feeling like reaching for the comfort food. I know Ill only feel worse if I do though. How do you battle on with a cold.

You might try making some soup. Most soups that use a chicken broth base are quite low in calories and I always love hot soup when I'm congested. It's also pretty easy and inexpensive to make from scratch, provided you can boil water and chop a few veggies.

That said, I rarely have a problem with overeating when I'm sick, as usually I find nothing tastes good when I'm congested and typically end up undereating instead.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Chicken soup with a ton of vegetables and lots of oranges or orange juice are my go to's. Your body will appreciate all the vitamins these things provide. Also any hot liquids like tea or warm water with lemon keep the membranes moist and loose and keep the nasal passages clear or at least moving.