Newbie Here

Options
Hello. I am new here. I started my weight loss journey about 3 weeks ago. I have lost 6 pounds as of today. I joined the YMCA and have become more active than I have ever been. I have enjoyed trying all of the different fitness classes that they offer. I have been strength training at least 3 days per week and Cardio at least 5 days a week. My goal is to loose 60 pounds.. 54 more to go.. I am concerned as I have seen others on here about loosing weight and then having to deal with loose skin. The fitness trainers at the YMCA said with the amount of weight I am trying to loose that I should not have this problem. I hope they are right. Anyone else have any foresight on this issue?

Replies

• abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are off to a fabulous start! Congratulations! I think every body is different. I've lost over 30 lbs so far and haven't had really any lose skin issues, aside from a belly pouch which I attribute to my two pregnancies. I still would like to lose about 20 more lbs.
  • helendouble07
    Options
    Looks like you are doing great yourself. I am still trying to figure all of this out in this site. Lol