Suggest a food that is lowest in calories

Options
and low on Glycemic Index Which I may keep munching to control night time binge. Thanks

Replies

• mdinms
    mdinms Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    cucumbers!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash was my first thought, though it's not really much of a "munchie" type food.

How about berries?
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Low fat protein such as egg whites or tuna, will curb your appetite and fairly low in calories.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Ice cubes?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Celery.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I make veg snack bags for about 112 calories I can have about 21/2 to 3 cups of veg. The ones in my fridge right now have cauliflower, cabbage, red peppers, carrots and sugar snap peas.
  • jcast92
    jcast92 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Celery.

I second this. Plus the crunch is satisfying.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    kale chips..

process cashews, seasonings you like, lemon juice.. nutrtional yeast if vegan.. parm if not.. process it until the cashews are chunks not butter..

destem the leaves of kale off the stalk... massage nut mixture into kale leaves.

bake or dehydrate,

crunchy cheesy nutiness

mmm might make some lol
  • bassaniobroke
    bassaniobroke Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ice cubes?
    ha ha ha ha...........ha ha ha ha ..........going mad. going mad
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Sliced peppers
    celery sticks
    Make ice pops with unsweetened juice and 1 %milk
  • lolosensan
    Options
    celery + PB2 (powdered peanut butter). I don't know where you live but I've found this for pretty cheap at Fred Meyer (Kroger) and it's a great product. The oils have been pressed out so it has 45cal in 2 Tbs instead of 180. I find regular peanut butter is a way more filling and "lasting" snack (because we need fat) but if you just want something to much on when you're not necessarily that hungry, this is a good one.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Ice cubes?

Too caloric!
    Air.
  • MagJam2004
    MagJam2004 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying celery. Makes me feel like a predator munching on the bones of my prey...
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying celery. Makes me feel like a predator munching on the bones of my prey...

:laugh:
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    cucumber, celery, cherry tomatoes, no sugar added jello
  • KatherinesRiver
    Options
    I need to learn more about the Glycemic index. All I can suggest is what I just made myself for a snack: four stalks of celery with a little (about a tablespoon) low salt almond butter. Natural style.

I understand that plain, unsalted and no butter popcorn is also a good one.

Good Luck to you!
    :flowerforyou:
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I make veg snack bags for about 112 calories I can have about 21/2 to 3 cups of veg. The ones in my fridge right now have cauliflower, cabbage, red peppers, carrots and sugar snap peas.

Very close to what I have in my goodie baggie in the fridge at work (except I have celery instead of the cabbage). I do a lot of chopping at home and bring in several day's worth at a time.

Great alternative to have when others in the office are hitting the donuts that someone invariably brings in.
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    love how you guys are planning!!

failing to plan is planning to fail.. keep planning for success
  • anushkadey
    anushkadey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers..yum!! :)
  • motmot21
    motmot21 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like celery with peanut butter but am very careful to not over do it with the pb...just don't care for plain celery