HELP I ate too many calories :|

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    You have 4 kg left to lose, that is what, less than 10 pounds. You are an 18 year old male, very active. Your calorie goal is only 2,000?

You didn't eat too much. And, you're doing it wrong.

This!
  • JoJo__Fit
    JoJo__Fit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    It's 1 day, it didn't take one day to gain your weight and it doesn't take one day to lose it. Just get back to it you'll be fine
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    If you're seriously only netting 1000 cal per day it's no wonder you flipped and ate 1600 for lunch.
  • fsucrack
    fsucrack Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with this... it is good to have spikes like this every once in a while! Its only one day
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with this... it is good to have spikes like this every once in a while! Its only one day

It's not a spike. His calorie goal is 2,000. He ate 2,085 and has to eat 1,100 more to reach his net with the exercise. It's stupid.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

It's not a spike. His calorie goal is 2,000. He ate 2,085 and has to eat 1,100 more to reach his net with the exercise. It's stupid.
    Exactly. It's like people don't really read the posts...
    Eat more OP. You should be netting at least 1500/day or more.
    And, 14 lbs lost a month? That's 3.5 lbs/week. Not healthy or sustainable.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Exactly. It's like people don't really read the posts...
    Eat more OP. You should be netting at least 1500/day or more.
    And, 14 lbs lost a month? That's 3.5 lbs/week. Not healthy or sustainable.

QFT
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    You seem to be netting waaaaay too low!!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Only netting 1,000/day?! Your body is probably thrilled to have enough calories for once.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Yep, big meals like that are what usually happens when you try to restrict your calories that much. I stopped doing that last summer, and an amazing thing happened. I was able to basically stick to the calorie goals that I set every day and also log accurately and consistently every day instead of trying to pretend it didn't happen.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    1000 net calories?

this seems to have been overlooked.

dude...cmon.

edited: oh nm, it wasnt overlooked. though i do hope OP comes back to address this point.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Of course you ate this much. This is what happens when you aren't consuming enough calories in the first place. Start eating a reasonable amount daily, and you won't go nuts and binge. FIFY.
  • mauridaher
    mauridaher Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ok, didn't realize 1000 Net out of the daily 2000 was too low. I haven't quite experienced any problems yet, so I think (luckily) I found out about it soon enough.

The online calculator someone cited says my BMR and TDEE are (rounding up) around 2000 and 3000 calories respectively.

Since I clearly need to start from scratch on all of this Net calories issue, which one of these should I be looking at? And isn't 3000 too much? And thanks to all of those who clicked on this thread just to condescend me. Delightful and original as always.

UPDATE: I used another calculator, and got these results.

http://m.imgur.com/ICLrzxx

Basically: 3000 for maintenance, 2000 for weight loss, and 1600 for "faster" weight loss.

So if I Net 2000 per day, I Net 14000 weekly. That leaves me with 7000 calories available. 7000 calories = 2Lbs.

So Net 2000 it is? Please, do instruct me if I'm wrong.
  • frodopuppy
    Options
    yup one day . let it go and move on. I have to tell myself that every couple of weeks
  • Weezabella
    Weezabella Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok, didn't realize 1000 Net out of the daily 2000 was too low. I haven't quite experienced any problems yet, so I think (luckily) I found out about it soon enough.

The online calculator someone cited says my BMR and TDEE are (rounding up) around 2000 and 3000 calories respectively.

Since I clearly need to start from scratch on all of this Net calories issue, which one of these should I be looking at? And isn't 3000 too much?

And thanks to all of those who clicked on this thread just to condescend me. Delightful and original as always.

UPDATE: I used another calculator, and got these results.

http://m.imgur.com/ICLrzxx

Basically: 2700 for maintenance, 2100 for weight loss, and 1600 for "faster" weight loss.

So Net 2100 it is? Please, do instruct me if I'm wrong.

Hopefully someone who's been here longer than me will reply, but, I think you're misunderstanding what Net means. If your calorie goal is 2,000, that's what your Net calories should be at the end of the day - after what you've eaten has been added in, and what you've burned off during exercise has been taken away (MFP does that calculation for you).

What I'm saying is I don't understand why you feel you have to go on a huge exercise spree to try to get your Net cals down to 1,000 when your calorie goal is double that.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    So why don't you make this easy on yourself and eat 20% below your TDEE?

That's 2400 calories, and you don't have to worry about eating this back or that back.

I'm presuming your TDEE is calculated correctly in making this post.

Edited because I missed the 2700 TDEE for maintenance. That is 2160 calories to lose if you subtract 20%. Since you don't have much to lose, I wouldn't cut any more drastically than that. Heck, if you wanted to take the loss slower, you could eat 2400 calories and still lose, just at a slower pace.
  • jkolbe94
    Options
    Let your body take a break every now and then. If you work it off, no worries :)
    It may be better to look at your weekly calorie goal if you stay pretty well under most days. I know it makes ME feel loads better about what I've eaten ;)
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Two things.

Meh. It's one day.

1,000 net calories? Every day?
  • mauridaher
    mauridaher Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    So why don't you make this easy on yourself and eat 20% below your TDEE?

That's 2400 calories, and you don't have to worry about eating this back or that back.

I'm presuming your TDEE is calculated correctly in making this post.

Edited because I missed the 2700 TDEE for maintenance. That is 2160 calories to lose if you subtract 20%. Since you don't have much to lose, I wouldn't cut any more drastically than that. Heck, if you wanted to take the loss slower, you could eat 2400 calories and still lose, just at a slower pace.

It is correct, according to three different calculators. I will try eating 2100 daily for a week, see how that goes. If it's not working I'll pick it up a bit, I'm in no rush. Thanks!