cottage cheese with...???

Options

Replies

• ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i like cinnamon on top. if you put the cottage cheese on toast with cinnamon on top and then put it in the toaster oven for a bit -- ITS SO GOOD
  • Jaylello
    Jaylello Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese is mank, hate the texture. Quark on the other side is excellent texture wise and can be easily mixed with honey or jam nom nom nom
  • pennypuffkin
    pennypuffkin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I like mixing it with mandarin oranges or pineapple. Lately I've just been adding it to my salads. Pepper is a simple/easy fix as well.
    I used to eat a whole container with honey french dressing. That's not very healthy or low cal though. ;)
  • TyeAllan
    TyeAllan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pineapple is my fav.
  • Mkat35
    Options
    I fold in sugar free cool whip and sprinkle a little sugar free jello mix. You can also make a large quantity of this, pour it into a low fat pie crust and freeze it. If you use lime jello it is a good substitute for key lime pie.
  • lemonshredding
    lemonshredding Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I make wholegrain porridge with hot water, then mix in sugarfree cocoa powder, honey, banana and a big dollop of cottage cheese! It makes the porridge creamier than if Id cooked it with milk, mixed with the sweet fruit and balances out the saltiness of the cheese and adds delicious protein to my oat breakfast :)

Also its just delicious and makes my oats taste like chocolate pudding for about 230kcal :)
  • bedot
    bedot Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs
  • HappilyTaken610
    Options
    Cottage Cheese is great with sunflower seeds!!

My favorite snack was cottage cheese, ranch, sunflower seeds and croutons mixed together haha
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    I like to add some salsa to my cottage cheese.

Dancing with food?!? IDK but maybe some fruit...peaches?
  • cpsf73
    cpsf73 Posts: 27
    Options
    Cottage cheese with pineapple is my favorite! I also like it with mandarins.
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with black pepper is a delicious topping for a baked potato, especially good if the potato skin is toughened in baking.
  • mndavid
    Options
    I tried it with scrambled eggs. Love that suggestion.

It looked like a runny mess while cooking, but came out great.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amindyleigh
    amindyleigh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese with sunflower seeds, some berries and a touch a natural maple syrup. soo good! I think I found the recipe in clean eating magazine.
  • BigSky2
    BigSky2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A favorite of mine is horseradish with cocktail sauce mixed into the cottage cheese!
  • wiechman
    wiechman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I will add my yogurt with it. Gives it flavor and makes it more tolerable. Sometimes add granola to this mix. Lately I have been grinding up Fiber One cereal and adding 1/8 - 1/4 c. to my cottage cheese.
  • amm8589
    amm8589 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    4 ounces cottage cheese plus 1 tablespoon pumpkin, 1 packet stevia, pumpkin pie spice. Mix together, enjoy!
  • IWILLBelieveAchieveInspire
    Options
    I rinse and drain my cottage cheese so it's just the curds left then add one pkg of french vanilla splenda and some sliced strawberries. Tastes very much like strawberry cheesecake to me. Nice sweet treat.
  • drangonfly2323
    drangonfly2323 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My grandma use to make a jello with half pears in it and then once it set served it with cottage cheese. I loved it growing up but I havent had it in a very long time.
  • SephiraRose
    SephiraRose Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    If you want a sweet treat add cinnamon and a pack of stevia.