Meth. It does a body good.

Options

Replies

• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I've never been around anyone that does that. Do they just not eat? I don't understand.

Basically. Plus it's probably hard to eat when you lose all your teeth.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I've never been around anyone that does that. Do they just not eat? I don't understand.

Basically. Plus it's probably hard to eat when you lose all your teeth.

SO thankful I didn't do it long enough to wreck my teeth :bigsmile:
  • thevoice1973
    thevoice1973 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I guess the good news is that even if these people are losing weight due to their (rather disgusting and repulsive) life choice of doing Meth... They are going the opposite direction of healthy. And since Healthy, rather than thin/skinny/slim, is my goal I can't complain. I will continue to work my body hard and they will continue to destroy theirs. In the end, I win. In the end, They'll die off much sooner.... and that might lead to a completely different discussion of natural selection lol. I will say that I hate being so close to it. I live less than a half hour away from the "meth capital of the world", and knowing I will someday have children-this scares me a bit.

Oftentimes doing drugs is more about having made a mistake and getting trapped in it, rather than a disgusting and repulsive life choice.

Really? I thought the mistake was getting trapped in a disgusting and repulsive life choice.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    My SO grew up in a rural area (population several hundred) and we really want to buy a house there to live part of the year (its gorgeous: mountains, rivers, lakes, fishing...) But he is worried about the increase of meth making/addicts.

We live in Oakland, CA now which is known pretty well for its crime, so we're quite good at locking everything up and making sure nothing is easily accessible to druggies, but I'm not sure I want to own a house that could be easily broken into when we're not there because a meth head decides they want to steal our rocking chair...

I suggested putting up an 8 foot fence... I'd build it myself :P
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I guess the good news is that even if these people are losing weight due to their (rather disgusting and repulsive) life choice of doing Meth... They are going the opposite direction of healthy. And since Healthy, rather than thin/skinny/slim, is my goal I can't complain. I will continue to work my body hard and they will continue to destroy theirs. In the end, I win. In the end, They'll die off much sooner.... and that might lead to a completely different discussion of natural selection lol. I will say that I hate being so close to it. I live less than a half hour away from the "meth capital of the world", and knowing I will someday have children-this scares me a bit.

Oftentimes doing drugs is more about having made a mistake and getting trapped in it, rather than a disgusting and repulsive life choice.

Or sometimes it is a perfectly understandable response to psychological pain.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/content/sen/committee/371/ille/presentation/alexender-e.htm
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    People wonder how in the world someone can get caught up in methland but sometimes its just part of a party scene. I know people who use meth recreationaly and you'd be suprised as to who they are. Our football team in hs did bumps of coke before the game, and we were the state champs lol. I went to parties with the squeeky clean straight a jocks and popular kids and they would go in the bathroom and snort meth or coke, sometimes even doing heroin.

People put such a stigma as to what a methhead is or looks like, yet the neighbors in the gated community could be doing it. Aderral and phentermine are sooo abused for a reason, and instead of having to admit you are addicted to amphetamines, you get to pretty it up and say its your adhd or diet pills.

My sister lost 20 lbs in a week from doing meth, and also read about 5 800-page books in that week...I was 8 and just figured she was dieting because she'd never eat, and that she really liked books haha. 
  • mikeroybal
    mikeroybal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't judge people based on if/type of drugs used. I look at their actions. If I have to chase the same tweaker away from my car every morning befor going to the gym (calling the police in my town is useless) I'm going to judege that person as A-hole (and I know he is a tweaker because he is always coming in and out of a house that is known for selling meth, and he tries to hide from me behind a stop sign.
  • TiffanyEst85
    TiffanyEst85 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ... and he tries to hide from me behind a stop sign.

this. lol.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I had to live next door to a meth addict and his bat @%*( crazy wife so I will judge the heck out of meth users! His entire family was decimated by that crap, including his 16 year old nephew. The kid is now living under a bridge just trying to make it from fix to fix. The pot smoking/dealing neighbors we had before the meth addicts were way better! Definitely more mellow! Well, except for the shootout they had in our back yard.
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia, and Meth is making it's way through our cities and suburbs. It's certainly on the increase according to Hospital ER admissions according to friends who work in health.
    I have a very good friend who has had it a few times at least, but then he takes almost anything - caught him huffing glue once.

A family member of mine got stuck into all sorts of exciting injectables when he was working in operating theatres (Anaesthetics) and realised nobody would look twice at an empty ampoule of Midazolam in his pocket. Culminated with his wife taking the kids and leaving him until he sorted himself out, because he was so wasted he forgot to hide his kit. He sorted himself out, thankfully, but he knows it's a never ending battle.

Nasty business.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Meth is particularly bad. I have a friend who I just found out got out of rehab because of meth. We lost touch for several years, and it shook me. She's well educated, her father is a prominent professional who is well known in the community where she lives, and she had a promising career herself. She's also 40 and the mother of two kids.

I have my opinions on some substances, but meth is just really bad news. Ditto heroin and cocaine. I've known way too many coke heads and even know people who have died from it. People who say they can "control" their use are fooling themselves.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Tough to eat when all your teeth have fallen out.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

I want to be sure I am not taken out of context. My comment was in direct relation to the original post referring to people who use meth for the purpose of being skinny. I agree, drug use is often times ONE bad choice that leads to addiction. Addiction is a serious, dangerous, and sad thing. I wasn't making a joke about that, or the people that get trapped into it.

No one regularly uses meth for "the purpose of being skinny"
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Just throw it on the roof so the cops dont catch you and you will be fine.
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    Just throw it on the roof so the cops dont catch you and you will be fine.

:heart:
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Where are the Breaking Bad gifs?!

tumblr_mtsfkez0Tq1sf5h7zo1_500.gif

I was waiting for this!! :laugh:

In all seriousness though, I've never come across anyone that I knew or even suspected of using meth. Haven't heard of any meth labs anywhere nearby either (although of course, a random house down the street could be one for all I know).

I remember watching meth awareness videos in high school though and how scary it's repercussions are. not a road I wish anyone to head down
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I just don't get how it gets started. Like your chilling at a party having a good time and someone walks up and is all like "hey, how about some meth? I think this party needs some meth, you should probably do some meth?" and you are all like "well damn, I am a little buzzed, YOLO bro, meth it is?"
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Where are the Breaking Bad gifs?!

tumblr_mtsfkez0Tq1sf5h7zo1_500.gif

Jefferson County, MO claimed the #1 meth county in the country a few years ago. I live next to my grandparents farm in a typical middle class rural area... with a meth lab right down the street. I think most of the ones in the county were in some of the huge gated communities surprisingly. Although, I've heard in the Midwest there has been a big transition to heroin.

walter white is dead, so what is the point anymore :sad:
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    I just don't get how it gets started. Like your chilling at a party having a good time and someone walks up and is all like "hey, how about some meth? I think this party needs some meth, you should probably do some meth?" and you are all like "well damn, I am a little buzzed, YOLO bro, meth it is?"

this made me lol. Honestly it starts when someone doesn't want the party to end. Or if the party ended too late and they've got to be at work in three hours or whatever. It starts just like any other substance use/abuse.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

this made me lol. Honestly it starts when someone doesn't want the party to end. Or if the party ended too late and they've got to be at work in three hours or whatever. It starts just like any other substance use/abuse.

totally. Curiosity, not wanting the party to end, a sense of 'everything will be ok, how bad can it really be to do it ONCE'
This discussion has been closed.