Virginia Beach Girl looking to lose ~20lbs

Options
Hello all,

My name is Amanda and Im 5'7" and I currently weigh 154. I want to lose ~20lbs before summer comes back around. I try to eat right and exercise 4-5 times a day. I do great for a week (diet) to a month (exercise) and then I fall off the wagon. I would love to find others who can motivate me either emotionally or physically.

Feel free to add me as a friend and if you live in the Virginia Beach area I would love to find a running/workout partner. I dont run fast.....usually between a 10-11 min/mile.

Amanda

Replies

• stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Sent an invite! Glad you joined up and good luck on your journey! We all fall off the wagon so dont sweat that..its the journey not the sprint that makes the most difference. Good luck along the way and I'll keep an eye out for ya!!
  • tracymcd3
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

I'm a London-Irish lass living in Sydney with very similar goals to you (29, 5'7) ... I have always hovered around the 150-155lb mark & would love to lose 20lb to feel more comfortable in my clothes (especially a bikini on the zillion beaches here in Oz!) & to feel lighter when I run! Let's root for each other & do this!

Tracy x
  • holliloveseli
    Options
    Hey, I'm in Virginia beach too. I had a baby about a year ago and need to get this baby weight off! At least 20 lbs. Add me if you want :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Write down those goals so when you want to stop, you remember why you are going and keep going! You know your 'points' where you usually stop. Hey, its not "Fun" after a month to eat better and its not "fun" to keep working out 4-5 times a week. When your goals mean enough, then you'll get into the Lifestyle Change Mindset vs "Diet" and it will happen!

We're here to help!

Nancy
  • ang60000
    Options
    I'm in Chesapeake, VA and have a few people that I workout with to stay motived you are welcome to join us sometime. Message me and I'll let you know the details.
    Angela
  • chelito2000
    Options
    Hi ! My name is chelo . Have lost in the past 45lbs. 3 times over in the past. Yes Im a big yo yo. Any way here I go again . This time its the highest ive been . 195lbs. Yuk. Its always the same foods double meat burgers, sweets, sodas,beer. Even though I excercise 3 times a week. Dosent matter i know how this works. Diet and exercise go hand in hand. Any way thanks for being so kind i feeling motivated now. Even though the menudo im about to eat is well over 1000mg of NA+.Just found out when i loged it in. :smile:
  • FitWendi
    FitWendi Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Love it. I am in Chesapeake va, and looking to loose about 20 lbs too.
  • Jlmervin03
    Jlmervin03 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I live in Virginia Beach as well. I'm also looking to lose 20 lbs. Feel free to add me.
  • llWishfulShrinkingll
    llWishfulShrinkingll Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm from Portsmouth VA. New to this area so I wouldn't mind some new friends..I have lots to lose... I lose 60 pounds and gained about 40 back :/
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

My name is Amanda and Im 5'7" and I currently weigh 154. I want to lose ~20lbs before summer comes back around. I try to eat right and exercise 4-5 times a day. I do great for a week (diet) to a month (exercise) and then I fall off the wagon. I would love to find others who can motivate me either emotionally or physically.

Feel free to add me as a friend and if you live in the Virginia Beach area I would love to find a running/workout partner. I dont run fast.....usually between a 10-11 min/mile.

Amanda

I am in VA. Beach....
    I don't run, just lift however..
    You can add me if you like
  • WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have a lot more to lose than you, but I'm in norfolk! If anyone wants some support I'm in this for the long haul! Feel free to add me!
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the show. Good luck with losing the 20 for summer. There are a lot of useful info and people on here. As you will learn, there are a lot of useless info and people on here to. It is your mission to figure out what works for you. Feel free to add me. I enjoy giving and taking advise. We can all learn.
  • tarabates310
    tarabates310 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I live in Va Beach as well and I am trying to lose about 20lbs.too. I currently workout 3 days a week my goal is 5 days. Feel free to add me.