BIG thighs, do they get better? *pic*

Options

Replies

• spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! But I understand because I totally have the same problem. I have volleyball player upper thighs and it's always the tighest part of my pants. And forget skinny jeans!
  • catcufflings
    Options
    i can see a big difference. anyway embrace your thighs girl they're hot
  • sbarella
    sbarella Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I think you're a living example that they do get better! :flowerforyou:
  • 2Dozen
    2Dozen Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ummmmmmm, thick thighs are sexy.
  • changergirl
    Options
    It looks like we've got about the same body shape. I've lost the same amount of weight as you have and have lost 3" from each thigh. I'd say you've lost even more. You can definitely notice a huge difference. Keep doing whatever it is you're doing.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Your pictures are inspiring to me. Your thighs have gone way down!

I also have a huge stomach and huge thighs, and I'm trying the Brazilian Butt Lift - High & Tight thing on xboxone. It FEELS like it's working on my saddlebags. It's only been 2 days but I thought I saw some movement on myself for the better even in 2 days.

Also for the belly, again I can SEE differences in pix on this one, I did a few weeks of not working on my abs with the Perfect Abs (by Meghan White) dvd (which is old but the best) & then I started working on it again, and wow, again, 2 days and I saw the lower belly get smaller.

Pix really help so you can see what the hell is going on.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    short time, big improvement. you look fantastic. well done :flowerforyou:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,562 Member
    Options
    Genetics will determine how you lose body fat. Just keep losing and they will get smaller.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I think your legs look lovely. And they have gotten smaller.
  • glowgirl14
    glowgirl14 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    For me, it seems to go in bursts...Some months, almost every measurement would be smaller - but just a tiny bit. Some months, everything would be the same - except one part would be smaller. Probably the first place you put weight on will be the last place you really lose it. My thighs really slimmed down about 15lbs ago - and I lost four inches from my thigh in six weeks. Nowhere else. The next time I measured (about 6 weeks later) I'd lost five inches around my belly, but nowhere else.

As everyone else says - you can see a difference already. Be patient. Everything will eventually slim down if you keep at it.
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Good lord - your thighs look great! There is a very significant noticeable difference in each photo. It looks like they are melting away. Keep up the great work!
  • pidge026
    pidge026 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can see a fab difference. But if you're looking for tips on how to improve further, I find that Spinning really narrows the hips and thighs.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You look great! I have similar thighs. A lot of it is just plain old genetics. I'd say keep doing what you're doing because it's definitely working.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Oh and squats and lunges... that's what everyone always tells me.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    As you continue to lose fat, they will get smaller. Genetics really does play a role as to where you carry your fat.

You're making great progress, though!
    This. And if it weren't in your thighs it would just be somewhere else you also didn't want it to be, like your belly or on your back. :wink: As long as you lose it, in the end it won't matter where it was stored in the interim.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    First of all, you look fantastic! Congrats!

Also, if your big thighs are genetic/just your body shape, then no, they wont get "better". Meaning your thighs will always be big in proportion to the rest of you. I'm all thigh. When I was overweight they were 26" at their widest part, and my waist was 32". When I lost weight down to a 28" waist, my thighs were 22-23" around. They shrank, but in proportion so they still looked huge. I've just settled for working out a lot, doing squats and lunges so at least they're toned and tight and look good.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I can see a big difference everywhere, your thighs, calves, arms and back. Looks like you're losing pretty evenly. Unfortunately genetics will play a role no matter what you do. Keep at it, it's working!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs now....How do you get rid of bulky thighs, I want to know. I still don't feel confident with my thighs! But I can see the difference in your photos. I mean even in mine I did lose but they make it hard with clothing cause I can fit a 6 but comfy in a 9 cause of my thighs. Any ideas???
  • louisegibbs85
    louisegibbs85 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Pictures look great can definitely see an overall difference ... Well done! Thighs are my problem area too, there was a post on here yesterday that had caught my eye .. A lady posted a pic of herself after years of being a cardio bunny and then one of her months into lifting weights and the difference in her thighs was amazing...weights seem to be the way forward

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1107547-for-me-this-is-why-weights-over-cardio-is-key
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    There is definitely a difference. Great work. I know for me, my stomach/hip/thigh are the very last place to lose. As I get closer to my goal weight, I am noticing big changes in those areas, where they didn't change much in the beginning. Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!